ADVERTISEMENT

RU - NC ST WSOC

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
A big game for the ladies right now, hosting NCSU at home. Was surprised to see NCST only won 3 games last year, usually a proud NCAA-contender program like us. Hope to take care of business this game.

RU up 1-0 after a goal 1 minute in, perfect pass to Ali Post and a great finish.

Riley had an open shot late in the 1st but the goalie makes a stop.

I really like Ali Post starting at the top spot. Originally it was Gia at the wake Forest game but I thought Ali Post looked more aggresive. She’s a little bigger and faster, and great finishes. Gia is great but has had a little trouble finishing when given a goal scoring chance, was surprised that Mike Oneill had her starting this year at the top.

With Gia getting suspended for punching the UMass girl into Vermont, it’s opportunity for Ali and she’s showing out. Think Mike sticks with this lineup, her and Riley could be a tough duo to deal with up top as they gain more chemistry through the season.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
RU wins it 2-0 on another goal from Ali Post!! A beauty from top of the box into the lower 90 corner off the post away from the outstretched keeper. Only a Junior, really like her up top as I said earlier!

Riley Tiernen with 28 assists after 2 more today, 1 away from tying the career record at RU 29, and 2 from owning it herself. What a career for her.

RPI comes out this week, UMass will hurt but they’re recovered and are 3-2-1. RU with just the 1 loss and this is a nice win, best game of the season so far. Lots of chances, all-star defense led by Emily and Cassidy Banks today. Freshmen are looking good too. Now onto the Big Ten schedule.

Reactions: RUTrack94
RU wins it 2-0 on another goal from Ali Post!! A beauty from top of the box into the lower 90 corner off the post away from the outstretched keeper. Only a Junior, really like her up top as I said earlier!

Riley Tiernen with 28 assists after 2 more today, 1 away from tying the career record at RU 29, and 2 from owning it herself. What a career for her.

RPI comes out this week, UMass will hurt but they’re recovered and are 3-2-1. RU with just the 1 loss and this is a nice win, best game of the season so far. Lots of chances, all-star defense led by Emily and Cassidy Banks today. Freshmen are looking good too. Now onto the Big Ten schedule.
Good comments.

A big game for the ladies right now, hosting NCSU at home. Was surprised to see NCST only won 3 games last year, usually a proud NCAA-contender program like us. Hope to take care of business this game.

RU up 1-0 after a goal 1 minute in, perfect pass to Ali Post and a great finish.

Riley had an open shot late in the 1st but the goalie makes a stop.

I really like Ali Post starting at the top spot. Originally it was Gia at the wake Forest game but I thought Ali Post looked more aggresive. She’s a little bigger and faster, and great finishes. Gia is great but has had a little trouble finishing when given a goal scoring chance, was surprised that Mike Oneill had her starting this year at the top.

With Gia getting suspended for punching the UMass girl into Vermont, it’s opportunity for Ali and she’s showing out. Think Mike sticks with this lineup, her and Riley could be a tough duo to deal with up top as they gain more chemistry through the season.
You said Gia is great but then said she has trouble finishing. We are better with Ali post in that role.

Last edited:
It’s amazing what happens when Riley Tiernan starts to pass the ball as she’s headed toward or into the 18. It opens up the entire offense.

I’m also starting to think that Gia German throwing down and getting tossed in the UMASS game may have been a blessing in disguise Not only on the field of play, but for the team mentally overall. We shall see you soon enough!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT