ADVERTISEMENT

RU November Basketball

BillyC80

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
It’s been brought up in other threads, that two years ago in our first 6 games, we struggled with Lehigh, Merrimack, and NJIT before losing to DePaul, Lafayette, and UMass to start the season at 3-3, but eventually qualified for the NCAA tournament.

This month we play 6 games and so far we’re 2-1. Let’s see how things play out in our next 3 games, against Georgetown, Howard, and St. Peters.

We have a good chance to finish the month at 5-1 before taking on #23 Illinois at home for our first B1G contest.

A long way to go, and we should have Mag back plus our two current starters (Austin and Noah) who are working their way back from injury will have gotten back into game shape.

I’m optimistic (as always).

Reactions: JavaDunk18
It’s been brought up in other threads, that two years ago in our first 6 games, we struggled with Lehigh, Merrimack, and NJIT before losing to DePaul, Lafayette, and UMass to start the season at 3-3, but eventually qualified for the NCAA tournament.

This month we play 6 games and so far we’re 2-1. Let’s see how things play out in our next 3 games, against Georgetown, Howard, and St. Peters.

We have a good chance to finish the month at 5-1 before taking on #23 Illinois at home for our first B1G contest.

A long way to go, and we should have Mag back plus our two current starters (Austin and Noah) who are working their way back from injury will have gotten back into game shape.

I agree a 5-1 Nov is possible, probable even. It’s Dec I’m worried about having seen the fundamentals so far. I fear a 2-3 win dec.

I agree a 5-1 Nov is possible, probable even. It’s Dec I’m worried about having seen the fundamentals so far. I fear a 2-3 win dec.
Need that first one in December against Illinois. That will tell us a lot, and will likely get us to at least 4-2 in the month (with LIU, Stonehill, and one of either Wake Forest, SHU, and Miss St).

I don't think any of the starting teams you've seen through 3 games will be the starting team when Big 10 play starts. Clearly Pike has been experimenting with combinations.

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT