ADVERTISEMENT

RU rated 4th most successful in Big 10 for transfer portal recruiting

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
Here is the link:

There was another thread where MSU's transfer portal results were discussed. They had an amazing haul.

Given that we play Nebraska next season, it wasn't welcome news to see how well they did. Sounds like they are going to be much improved.

Also interesting that a bunch of teams picked up QBs that are projected to start.

I thought it was noteworthy that Iowa had none. I don't see that as bad news necessarily. They have one of the most stable coaching environments and recruiting systems in college football. They get the guys they want, and develop them so that by the time they are in their 3rd and 4th season, they are solid contributors. So not a lot of need to plug holes via the portal.

Here is the link:

There was another thread where MSU's transfer portal results were discussed. They had an amazing haul.

Given that we play Nebraska next season, it wasn't welcome news to see how well they did. Sounds like they are going to be much improved.

Also interesting that a bunch of teams picked up QBs that are projected to start.

I thought it was noteworthy that Iowa had none. I don't see that as bad news necessarily. They have one of the most stable coaching environments and recruiting systems in college football. They get the guys they want, and develop them so that by the time they are in their 3rd and 4th season, they are solid contributors. So not a lot of need to plug holes via the portal.
Could also be the sign of an inflexible old coach incapable of changing with the times. That said, you have to love Iowa’s overall sustained success. It will be interesting to follow Iowa’s fortune going forward with them distancing themselves from the personnel resource that the transfer portal is.

Here is the link:

‘Iowa has been successful with that system going back to the Hayden Fry days.
A great program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT