ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs #13 Ohio State 3/2/18 Noon game thread.

Ok - once again, good enough for NCAAs? And who do we root for and against in the coming week?

This is my first look-in. Oh well. I didn't expect them to win this game. Let's hope that in the end we've done just enough to get into the tourney. We may get in as an 11th seed according to Creme. I think we may end up in the WNIT, but would be thrilled if we got an NCAA bid.

Don't think it will matter, a loss like this doesn't help
RU's chances.
Hope I'm wrong , but WNIT is what I expect now.

the Northwestern game was probably the costly one because RU would have been 8-8 in league but if anyone honestly analyzes this team..its not a NCAA team

Does the NCAA care if RU were to get the 1000th win in the WNIT?

no...because there are a few others who already have 1000...great acheivement but she isnt the first. Its going to come next year. hope for a couple of NIT wins and then schedule a creampuff for the opening game at RAC where she can get the 1000 where everyone knows it will happen

Not sure if I have what it takes to BE a Rutgers women's bball fan.. that whole first half, right from the outset, it looked to me like the refs were out to screw us over. Game after game it looks like that to me. Not saying it cost us the game.. OSU is very good, highly skilled. I don't think we win a game like this without better 3 point shooting. But those refs made it look like we did not belong on the same floor with them and that's BS.

Last edited:
From 6-24 last year to 20-12 this year. Much better than we expected! Lost to #1 seed in B1G Tournament.
It was a team that gives us hope for a better one next year as long as someone steps up and helps replace Tyler while the rest of the team ups their game and plays a more consistent one all of the season against all opponents.
Last year was an exception and a bad one at that.
Let's hope next season proves to be as good of one we thought this year would be at the first part of season.

From 6-24 last year to 20-12 this year. Much better than we expected! Lost to #1 seed in B1G Tournament.
True, but 90% of the offense last year was sitting on the bench with Tyler out and the transfers who had to sit a year. We need someone to step up and take Tyler's minutes and scoring prowess.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Who is that going to be....particularly from a scoring standpoint?
It will need to be a combined effort with Ciani ,Khadaizha &Stasha stepping up their game and possibly Arella who transferred in from Texas Tech and sat out this season and started 27 of the 29 games she played there as a freshman in 2016-17 (Was second on the team averaging 9.9 )
>averaged 33 points, 13 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 3 steals and 2.6 blocks per game at IMG Academy <

Good question. At this point I don't know.
Three new players (at least) coming in. Arella Guirantes who sat on bench this year averaged 10+ as a freshman starting 27 of 29 games at Texas Tech. Plus Broughton and Singleton.

Three new players (at least) coming in. Arella Guirantes who sat on bench this year averaged 10+ as a freshman starting 27 of 29 games at Texas Tech. Plus Broughton and Singleton.
Thanks. I'm aware of Arella. She's going to be really good for us because she can play the two guard positions and forward. I like her a lot. I just looked up Zapporah Broughton and Tyia Singleton. Zapporah appears to be what we've been missing for awhile; a top notch point guard and scorer. Tyia is that much needed post person plus I'm wondering if she can play the 3 and 4?

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm aware of Arella. She's going to be really good for us because she can play the two guard positions and forward. I like her a lot. I just looked up Zapporah Broughton and Tyia Singleton. Zapporah appears to be what we've been missing for awhile; a top notch point guard and scorer. Tyia is that much needed post person plus I'm wondering if she can play the 3 and 4?

Zippy (I'm going to have trouble with that but they tell me it's the name she prefers) is a 5'7" point guard ranked as the #5 pg in the country. She averaged 22.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.1 steals, 3.9 assists and 1.8 blocks per game as a junior. Here's the article they posted when she signed.

http://scarletknights.com/news/2017/11/8/zipporah-broughton-signs-with-womens-basketball.aspx

Tyia Singleton is a 6'2" forward ranked as the #18 post player in the country. I'm told her nickname is "Slim" . She doesn't appear to be a big scorer but is tenacious on the boards.

http://scarletknights.com/news/2017/11/20/womens-basketball-signs-tyia-singleton.aspx

Reactions: RU MAN
I can't answer your question with personal knowledge, but found this after your question made me curious . So posting this in case you or any other hasn't seen these articles:
Rutgers lands 5-star recruit Zipporah Broughton: Best to commit since Tyler Scaife in 2013 | NJ.com
Here is the HoopGurlz scouting report:
Electric lead-guard with a scorer's mentality; handles, speeds up the floor and delivers with flair in traffic; deep-range threat complemented by explosive quicks off the dribble, collapses the defense and delivers; a dynamic guard in the class of 2018.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball...nds_zipporah_broughton_best_hs_recruit_t.html

Tyia Singleton 2018 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN
/recruiting/player/_/id/225111
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/225111

But hoping someone has more insight on Zapporah &/or Tyia and will share it.

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT