ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Iowa 2/2 8PM

And we are treated to the never popular Red Panda once again at halftime. The B1G teams must get a volume discount for using her.

The announcer was almost incredulous when Gustafson was called for a foul. That is the... first? foul on Gustafson. LOL

Enterline ends it by calling a personal and then a technical on Jeune to give them 4 fts

Like I have said before. Does anyone think CVS is the right coach to rebuild RU.
Yes and if you asked before you should expect the same answer.

Better question would be: who you think Rutgers could hire to replace Stringer that could bring the WBB program back to being one of the best again.
Realistic choices please and what you think the minimum Rutgers would have to pay for that replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
Yes and if you asked before you should expect the same answer.

Better question would be: who you think Rutgers could hire to replace Stringer that could bring the WBB program back to being one of the best again.
Realistic choices please and what you think the minimum Rutgers would have to pay for that replacement.
Hopefully she gets the boot at the end of the month

She is a hall of fame coach who never won the big one but besides Geno and Pat Summit how many have? When her mentor John Cheney approached the end it was not a pretty sight at Temple ..But at some point the change has to be made to help us and to save her legacy as a great teacher and leader. Don't bash her
She does not deserve that.

Reactions: MADHAT1
She is a hall of fame coach who never won the big one but besides Geno and Pat Summit how many have? When her mentor John Cheney approached the end it was not a pretty sight at Temple ..But at some point the change has to be made to help us and to save her legacy as a great teacher and leader. Don't bash her
She does not deserve that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is the way we all should be thinking.
For some (like me ) we believe CVS can right the ship next season and want to see her get a chance to join the 1000 win club while at Rutgers.
Other fans feel it's time to replace her and state valid points for thinking that way.
But there isn't a good reason for anyone to insult Stringer because they want her gone or degrade players on the roster because they feel they have a bone to pick with RU WBB because Vivian is still the HC.

I have stated I would like to see C.Vivian Stringer back next year, but if Hobbs feels like a change is needed and replaces CVS next season, fine by me because I can see why he might feel a new HC is needed because of the way this season is going.

FELONIOUSMONK , thanks for what you posted and I think you've posted the same wise words before [cheers]

Reality is not bashing.
Can she still recruit big time high school recruits?
Can she win games?
Not for us to decide. I do think she can win more games next year than this year, admit I am dubious if that would be enough to make big dance.

If you want to "punish" Vivian for not being as successful as she was in earlier years and / or not putting a high level "product" on the floor this year, then from that point of view, "gots to go". OTH, I don't think most coaches get fired as "punishment" but because the administration thinks they can't do better "next year".

Which is why I will abide the decision of those who have far more inside info than I do.

Not for us to decide. I do think she can win more games next year than this year, admit I am dubious if that would be enough to make big dance.

If you want to "punish" Vivian for not being as successful as she was in earlier years and / or not putting a high level "product" on the floor this year, then from that point of view, "gots to go". OTH, I don't think most coaches get fired as "punishment" but because the administration thinks they can't do better "next year".

Which is why I will abide the decision of those who have far more inside info than I do.
Why say something like Punishment? Anytime I constructively criticize CVS, I feel like some posters act (very nasty at times) like I'm attacking their Mom.

I as many posters know CVS inside and out, following RU for a lot longer than even she has been here. And have more knowledge about her past and present coaching skills than Hobbs.

She is done, but Hobbs w his limited knowledge will probably bring the (rightly characterized) legend back.

Be careful what you wish for.

Why say something like Punishment? Anytime I constructively criticize CVS, I feel like some posters act (very nasty at times) like I'm attacking their Mom.

I as many posters know CVS inside and out, following RU for a lot longer than even she has been here. And have more knowledge about her past and present coaching skills than Hobbs.

She is done, but Hobbs w his limited knowledge will probably bring the (rightly characterized) legend back.

Be careful what you wish for.
Yes you know more than anyone who follows RU WBB that posts here ( I will admit most know more than me) and your insight is utterly amazing.
On the attacks you receive for attacking the mom like figure you mention, I can't see why you receive them. I'm dumbfounded seeing those attacks because you state your opinion so eloquently that any constructive criticism you make can be taken as knocking Stringer or the players, but as a fair-minded assessment you're making

Guess you better tell Hobbs that you feel his knowledge is limited and he needs your advice on how he should treat the future of the RU WBB program
I'll take this post by you as constrictive criticism of Hobbs' knowledge and job he's doing as the RU AD. That fool better wise up soon and I think I might know of someone who can set him straight.

That said: I'll take your post as a sarcastic message and take this reply in the same vein.[winking]

Reactions: Knight Time Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT