ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Illinois game thread 3/2/23

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
On BTN around 9pm. Let's go ladies, keep making everyone proud!! šŸ˜. I sure hope they have some legs left.

Not bad for a 1st quarter. Kinda weathered their first punch.

Abby could really make things easier if only Kaylene, Kai, and Awa would look to get her open looks off their dribble drives.

Costly turnover by Kai when we could have tied it at 18. Leads to a 7-0 run.

We gotta have our A game to win tonight.

Our shooting hs become atrocious on a regular. Signs that the legs are no longer under them??

I know it's a little thing, but Cook hits the three and there's about 3 seconds left. the clock just runs out before we get to take it out. I thought the clock stopped after a basket.

We just have no answer for their guard combo. No one on our roster can stay in front of any of them. They all shoot it WELL!

I feel for the players because they were handicapped too much this season to have to go without any true guards. We have all wing players and two power forwards.

As a fan, the waiting game for good news on recruits/transfer help is excruciating. It's so hard watching other programs' growth talent-wise while we seem to be stagnant.

We need Rayna to suit up. She's got handles and range on the three, as we have been treated to at halftime of every game.

This is like watching Julius Randle try to stick with Trey Young or Steph Curry on the perimeter.

Unfair ask.

Shauna is even playing our former recruit, Aicha Ndour a lot of minutes. Haven't seen her play this much before for them.

We just have no answer for their guard combo. No one on our roster can stay in front of any of them. They all shoot it WELL!

I feel for the players because they were handicapped too much this season to have to go without any true guards. We have all wing players and two power forwards.

As a fan, the waiting game for good news on recruits/transfer help is excruciating. It's so hard watching other programs' growth talent-wise while we seem to be stagnant.

The season is just ending for some teams who don't make the postseason. But we were never going to hear about transfers during the season, and recruiting doesn't happen overnight. Give it a month, and then hopefully we'll start hearing more and more about players for next season.

Reactions: RUcrazee
Also the team lost because Illinois shot 60% from the field, 50% from 3-pt. This has been a bad defensive team all year, and when you can't stop the other team and your own offense is suspect, it leads to losses. The team only had 12 turnovers last night, which is low for them. But they are not hard to score against.

Reactions: RUcrazee
The season is just ending for some teams who don't make the postseason. But we were never going to hear about transfers during the season, and recruiting doesn't happen overnight. Give it a month, and then hopefully we'll start hearing more and more about players for next season.
Although I realize the portal doesn't take off until season's end, generally, my anxieties/frustrations about recruits/transfers is based in the couple of years without any highly-touted names coming our way and all the talent that went out the door. I understand the reasons for it but that still doesn't ease those feelings. Kaylene and Antonia's signings feel like ages ago.

I'm extremely grateful and appreciative of KB, Abby, and Kai for saving this season. Jillian will be a great player for us and I can't wait to see her on the court.

Can't help it,... I want to know that we have some Zoe's, DelRosario's, Hidlago's, and O.Miles' coming soon.

sad ending, but despite a bad season this years shown hope for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT