ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Heads to Stony Brook

Not sure I agree with that watching the game. I think they are playing well. Especially Hund. I have to give that kid props. He's a stud. His offense will come but I haven't seen a shortstick able to beat him yet. He's looking like one of those prototype SSDM now.

We didn't close as strong as I'd like but we created some great looks. Hit two or three pipes in a 3 minute span.

Overall the best half of this young season. D is playing very and Stoller has made some great saves.
Not able to watch live but I’m seeing we are dominating FOs 11 of 15.

Loving the box score. 9 goals from 6 different players, with our top offensive threats — Scott, Knobloch & Aimone — each with multiple goals. Getting production from second mids, with Colin Kurdyla getting the first of what will likely be many goals of his career. This is exactly what we need to see.

To clarify, both FOGOs doing great. But a number of times they have been stripped after gaining possession. I look to the wings when that happens.

Just like that Army ties it up 10-10. Halfway through 4th.

Other scores of note:

Lehigh over Fairfield, 8-7
Hopkins over G’town, 11-9
Navy over Hofstra, 16-8
Maryland over Loyola, 11-4
Virginia over Michigan, 19-11
PSU over Villanova, 18-10
***edit***
UMass goal initially waived off with UMass man up for :30. Call overturned, UMass goal counts Army and UMass tied, 11-11 just under 2 min remaining. Even strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
Good W for RU. SB on the road is a solid win…

Tough day in College Park 😡

Terps were on point today…especially defensively, in the cage, and at the FO dot…

Gotta stick to my rules…don’t over-react either way in the first 3-4 weeks…after you get 4-5 games in, you start to get a feel for what you are…

Tough day in College Park 😡

Terps were on point today…especially defensively, in the cage, and at the FO dot…

Saw part of that and the difference was summed up with that sentence. I know Wierman is about as good as you'll see, but that's 2 in a row with substandard faceoffs. They go 50% on faceoffs and they can hang with anyone

Reactions: mattkamish
A little misleading though. We won a bunch and they intimately retained possession. That’s fixable though.

I’m very impressed with what the team is doing. We’ve essentially we’ve had to essentially revamp our entire strategy in a week due to the injuries. Instead of playing fast, we are slowing it down and playing much more conservatively on offense. Hats off to the staff and team for being so malleable.

Congrats with the win, especially with th 3 men down.

So many wins this week; falling behind on watching B1G+.

For the record never said get rid of the coach. Sure I get annoyed when RU loses and has a bad season.

Keep it going.

A little misleading though. We won a bunch and they intimately retained possession. That’s fixable though.

I’m very impressed with what the team is doing. We’ve essentially we’ve had to essentially revamp our entire strategy in a week due to the injuries. Instead of playing fast, we are slowing it down and playing much more conservatively on offense. Hats off to the staff and team for being so malleable.

That was Army vs UMASS. I commented earlier about Rutgers needing better play from their wings on faceoffs. And the Army stat reinforces that.

How does an Army stat reinforce Rutgers needing better wing play?

The less dominant the FOGOs are, and when your opponent rang up 72% their last week against a non-cupcake opponent that's clearly a possibility, the greater the opportunity for the wings to contribute.

But you didn't see the game so how you can comment as to how good or not good our wing play was? You're basing that off of Army's stats?

But you didn't see the game so how you can comment as to how good or not good our wing play was? You're basing that off of Army's stats?

Because Sidearm game tracker documented 3-4 face offs where the RU FOGO won the face off and the turned the ball over 3- 8 seconds later. Could it be the SB FOGO? Possible but not likely. Are the game tracker stats totally accurate? Not perfect, but not that far off. Most likely explananation SB wing play.

It has nothing to do with Army. Those stats show next week will be a challenge.

When a fogo turns the ball over that's not on the wings. That's on the fogo. Army is always a challenge. Next week will be no exception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT