ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Heads to Stony Brook

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Game is on Flo Sports which seems pretty rinky dink. You have to buy a one month pass minimum. If you are on LI I'd just go to the game. Seems like a good place to watch and the weather looks great.

They have a really good attackman who transferred from Maryland a few years ago. Seems like he's been there forever. Dylan Paolenetti. He could play anywhere. Quietly I was hoping we'd give him a look after last season. He will test our defense. I am expecting a high scoring game. They will get some, but give some up too. They are picked to finish second in the CAA so it won't be a pushover, especially at their place.

I'm interested in seeing our offense gel more along with our defense building off of the second half of Lehigh. The word I keep hearing about from the guys is that we are "smart". It's a good descriptor for a team trying to finds its sea legs. Let's hope we take another step Sat.

Might head over and catch this game. A little over an hour from my house heading east. Weather makes watching more enjoyable.

Reactions: Caliknight
Not a bad stadium to watch a game, went there in '22 for that close game (where we had a tough time at FO). You are right on top of the players depending on where you sit. Felt bad for them since at half, they could only go sit in the opposite corner in the endzone - no locker room (locker room is another building that you have to go out of the stadium to walk to). Also, no concession stands were open.

Sucks that it's on Flo Sports - would think this day in age a better streaming service could be used. But believe this is because Flo Sports has been buying up all the smaller conference streaming services.

Reactions: Caliknight
Any news on our injuries on D?

Sux about Flo - Stoney Brook games have also been on ESPN+ - was counting on that on Saturday.

Rizzotti out long term.
Kelly out indefinitely.
Edwards indefinitely.
Am I missing anyone?
This is crazy to be down three starters long-term this early in the season. The next man up mentality is the only approach you can take at this level but they are starters for a reason.

Last edited:
The complexion of the team changes for certain. Just really bad luck.

Better for injuries to happen now, in OOC games, than later. Lets the next man up get ready.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Not a bad stadium to watch a game, went there in '22 for that close game (where we had a tough time at FO). You are right on top of the players depending on where you sit. Felt bad for them since at half, they could only go sit in the opposite corner in the endzone - no locker room (locker room is another building that you have to go out of the stadium to walk to). Also, no concession stands were open.

Sucks that it's on Flo Sports - would think this day and age a better streaming service could be used. But believe this is because Flo Sports has been buying up all the smaller conference streaming services.
I was there for that game in 22. 😏

The complexion of the team changes for certain. Just really bad luck.
Such a damn shame to lose three key starters before the season even starts in earnest. Can’t imagine our ceiling will be as high now, and if we have a similar season this year that we had last year, there will be some idiots complaining that the program has plateaued under BB blah blah blah.

Anyway, one game at a time, and hopefully some of the young guys will accelerate their development, especially Colin Kurdyla.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
To be far it’s only one idiot. And he doesn’t know anything about lacrosse.

This team has more weapons than last year even down the guys we are. As you say, one at a time. Wouldn’t shock me if Kurdyla pops up on some AA lists by the time this season is over.

To be far it’s only one idiot. And he doesn’t know anything about lacrosse.

This team has more weapons than last year even down the guys we are. As you say, one at a time. Wouldn’t shock me if Kurdyla pops up on some AA lists by the time this season is over.
You can say it. His name is rutrack94 and he was already disappointed we failed to beat Lehigh by 37 goals

Virginia is absolutely throttling Michigan 10-3 late 2nd quarter. I know UVA has elite offensive players, but they are just using a pick and getting a guy free for a clean shot and Michigan is just not figuring it out.

Maryland 6 - Loyola 3. Maryland getting solid play in goal and utterly dominating faceoffs on what would otherwise would be an equal matchup.

Not sure I agree with that watching the game. I think they are playing well. Especially Hund. I have to give that kid props. He's a stud. His offense will come but I haven't seen a shortstick able to beat him yet. He's looking like one of those prototype SSDM now.

We didn't close as strong as I'd like but we created some great looks. Hit two or three pipes in a 3 minute span.

Overall the best half of this young season. D is playing very and Stoller has made some great saves.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
9-4 at the half. Only have Sidearm stats. One nit pick, looks like the wing middies need to step it up on faceoffs because otherwise RU dominant.
Not able to watch live but I’m seeing we are dominating FOs 11 of 15.

Loving the box score. 9 goals from 6 different players, with our top offensive threats — Scott, Knobloch & Aimone — each with multiple goals. Getting production from second mids, with Colin Kurdyla getting the first of what will likely be many goals of his career. This is exactly what we need to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT