ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread, RU at Wisconsin 2/20/23

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
@ 7pm on BTN. Thought BTN might switch to the other game, of tonight which is 16 Ohio State vs 12 Michigan. Go Ru! Hate to say it, but might just be last regular season game we win.

For what it’s worth, BTN is apparently leading into game with replay of 2018 game against Central CT at 6

14-24, UGH. The constant clanking of the rims by RU are badly getting on my nerves. They are lucky to have gotten those last 3 points. C'MON, wake up.

14-24, UGH. The constant clanking of the rims by RU are badly getting on my nerves. They are lucky to have gotten those last 3 points. C'MON, wake up.
Another RU team that doesn’t defend the 3!! Wide open , she could have taken all day

not looking good.
the type of game we expected before the season even started .

35-46 half. Wisky has made 9, 3's. Just find Kaylene every time, it is that simple. Never seen Coach so angry.

M

9 threes for Wisconsin in half. Unbelievable and they’re all open. Coaching needs to fix this half 2. Just keep someone face guarding #11 and we’ll win

Just tuned in for start of second half. Holy Sheez!!!

Refs are trying to foul our whole team out!!

Last edited:
This is gonna be on coach if she stays in this defense. I know she doesn't want fouls but you can't scramble around on defense leaving hot shooters open. That's a guaranteed way to lose.

Very little room for error given lack of talent on Rutgers and Wisconsin took full advantage of mistakes. No real outside threat making it easy to collapse the paint. On to next game.

We look really bad tonight. I know Coach wants them to be an offensive team, but they just don't play much if any defense. Many of you were happy to see CVS go, but I have always loved to watch a team play good D and playing D the way we do now is really hard for me to watch. Maybe they would play tougher D if we had more that 8 players, but who knows.

Team is playing terribly, and not making an excuse, but the refs calls on us to start this half were reminiscent of the way CVS teams were handicapped by the refs when it looked like they were gaining momentum.

The refs killed any notion RU had of playing tough defense to get back in this game. It worked.

46-69 end of 3rd. Kaylene should have slapped that other player, then she could take the rest of the miserable night off.

• Haha
Reactions: RUcrazee
Smickle got the steal and layup to start the half and then the refs proceeded to call about four phantom fouls on the next three trips down the floor.

How do you keep Smikle on the banks? She is so good and she has no help. We have no new players for next year except JH. Really have to attack the transfer portal!

Reactions: ScarletteK80
We look really bad tonight. I know Coach wants them to be an offensive team, but they just don't play much if any defense. Many of you were happy to see CVS go, but I have always loved to watch a team play good D and playing D the way we do now is really hard for me to watch. Maybe they would play tougher D if we had more that 8 players, but who knows.
This team doesn't look very talented to play "good offense". They try hard, but there is a long way to go.

How do you keep Smikle on the banks? She is so good and she has no help. We have no new players for next year except JH. Really have to attack the transfer portal!
I said something similar a couple of weeks ago, how to keep Kaylene. It would be a worse shame than Diamond Johnson.

Reactions: scarlettb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT