ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tourney Thursday Games Discussion Thread

The way Samford plays is insane. Pressing every possession, and then on offense seem to take a shot within the first 10 seconds.

Kansas taking full advantage

The way Samford plays is insane. Pressing every possession, and then on offense seem to take a shot within the first 10 seconds.

Kansas taking full advantage
Loyola Marymount of the 90s..but without the talent.

With those stats he fits in perfectly at RU
Once he comes to RU and shoots volume from deep so he can get his rhythm he’ll be up to a solid 31% from 3 pt range…and he’ll have earned the permanent green light from downtown.🤷‍♂️😂🧅

Programming driving me crazy. NC St/Texas Tech and Drake/Wazzou are both close games and playing out at the exact same time. Where’s the stagger????

Are we going to bring in a Center who had multiple years of eligibility?
Lsyhan is going to be the backup 5 for multiple years?
I can see it for next year but not beyond that.

For thst Samford/Kansas game, Nessler and Heywood are the worst announcing combo teams. Low energy and not much commentary between plays. Literal dead air. Nessler too dry for lead and Heywood provides nothing. I believe he did a RUTGERS tourney game too.

Contrast that to the Tom McCarthy/ Avery Johnson/Deb Antonelli combo who were well researched and gave an enjoyable informative listen in the Drake/Washington State game.

Last edited:
For thst Samford/Kentucky game, Nessler and Heywood are the worst announcing combo teams. Low energy and not much commentary between plays. Literal dead air. Nessler too dry for lead and Heywood provides nothing. I believe he did a RUTGERS tourney game too.

Contrast that to the Tom McCarthy/ Avery Johnson/Deb Antonelli combo who were well researched and gave an enjoyable informative listen in the Drake/Washington State game.
Yes , heywood did our two games in 21. I wasn’t impressed .

Nessler is great for the best SEC football game every week . Not so much for the tournament or 3rd best BIG football game

Nessler with Mimi Griffin did our 91 NCAA tourney game vs Arizona State
Yeah. That was a Friday afternoon i believe

Nessler didn’t work the tournament for years after going to ESPN . But he did call one of the Rutgers football classics - dodd’s first caeeer start in a historic win over UConn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT