ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Michigan 2pm 1/26/20 game thread

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
On BTN+. Game worries me. Let's hope for a good win, :Pray: :Praying:. GO RU.

Last edited:
Well, this is not going well. Looks like offensive boards and turnovers are problematic. Otherwise, play is about even.

Okay, the foul situation is ridiculous. Some who is watching, will you please post about that? Thanks.

almost as many turnovers as points
approaching half time
down twenty

Rutgers unwatchable offense against zone defense.Losing 35-18 with 14 turnovers.

I don´t understand the comment(s) about not carrying enough bodies. Thirteen of 15 scholarship spots are taken. If players leave for lack of playing time, then someone on the board tries to stir up something--there must be a problem on the team or with the coach, yadda, yadda, yadda. Sometimes you just have bad luck with who gets hurt when.

Back to the pain (so far) of following this game ...

Reactions: ChasRC69
Rutgers unwatchable offense against zone defense.Losing 35-18 with 14 turnovers.

Since when is 47% unwatchable? Shooting is fine. Turnovers and FT differential are the problems the first half of this game. Are you watching? Was your offense comment based on TOs?

I don´t understand the comment(s) about not carrying enough bodies. Thirteen of 15 scholarship spots are taken. If players leave for lack of playing time, then someone on the board tries to stir up something--there must be a problem on the team or with the coach, yadda, yadda, yadda. Sometimes you just have bad luck with who gets hurt when.

Back to the pain (so far) of following this game ...
We have 12 on roster, I'm not counting whoever Guihon is supposed to be as she has never been seen, or heard about this year.

Just looking at the TO and points-off-TO info, it looks like back-court TOs from RU with easy, uncontested runs to the basket for UM. Does that match what people saw?

There is no excuse for this performance thus far. Whether or not you’re watching the game or tracking it means absolutely nothing.

Reactions: bac2therac
There is no excuse for this performance thus far. Whether or not you’re watching the game or tracking it means absolutely nothing.

What are the reasons? I would imagine UM shooting 58% in the 2Q has something to do with the score. Are they simply on fire? Is it because RU defenders are keeping their distance because of all the foul calls?

Since when is 47% unwatchable? Shooting is fine. Turnovers and FT differential are the problems the first half of this game. Are you watching? Was your offense comment based on TOs?
Yes,18 points and 14 turnovers is unwatchable,Shooting percentage doesn't matter if the team can't pass the ball without committing turnovers.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Ugh ... repeat of last year? ... up in standings early and then first round NCAA loss?

What is RU doing on defense (other than fouling)? Trading baskets this quarter.

Good hustle by Zippy at the end of the quarter. UM shooting very well and getting more shot opportunities. RU terrible at the line today. Cleaner play by RU in 3Q but shooting percentage dropped. Can´t win for losing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT