ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Penn State 1/16/20 game thread

Final RU 62 PSU 57.

They hung on in an ugly game. Hopefully Arella not seriously hurt.

Leaders:

Wallace 12 pts, KK 11, Arella 10 pts

Wallace 9 rebounds, lots of then offensive

KK w 7 assists.

Viv now saying she was afraid of a letdown, and it happened. Audio now breaking up. Giving Jordan props for 2nd half perfornance. KK too.

Newcomers Davenport and Alexis Morris scored zero points in liMited play. Neither look good.

Beating Penn State is always a great thing no matter what the score and what the sport !!! That was our “wtf loss” and we won it. That arena is so dead it sucks the life out of you and the ball. Onto the next one, 15-2 !! And 5-1 in B1G !!!!

4-0 on the road in the B1G. Ugly or not, this was an important win and keeps us in the hunt.
In the hunt for what? Respect? Like the guys this far into season and league play...1st Freakin place at 5 and 1, 15 and 2 , not in any pre season discuss....frack em. Keep chopping women! Just win!
(And my lash out wasn't directed at you :)

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Indiana loses to Northwestern and Iowa trails Minnesota in 4th. Could be a 2 way tie between us and Northwestern at the end of the night.

In the hunt for what? Respect? Like the guys this far into season and league play...1st Freakin place at 5 and 1, 15 and 2 , not in any pre season discuss....frack em. Keep chopping women! Just win!
Hey 1984, you the boss on here now?? Just noticed, LMAO. You must have been a bad boy.

Lol. Bac. Don't be a negatoid. Anyone with any sense of BB knowledge knows something stinks in Denmark..
Well Denmark still beat Norway and the stink of victory filled RU WBB fans nostrils

Bad win looking ugly doing it still is a win and games like this might not be what we want, except for coming out of it the winner.

I'll take it smell and all, along with hoping what went bad will be addressed.

Last edited:
Indiana loses to Northwestern and Iowa trails Minnesota in 4th. Could be a 2 way tie between us and Northwestern at the end of the night.
Iowa with a huge 4th quarter comeback at Minnesota. So it’s a 3way tie among us, Northwestern and Iowa.

For some reason, Rutgers basketball gets no respect. Might be our style of play, but both teams are expected to start losing. Just keep winning.

For some reason, Rutgers basketball gets no respect. Might be our style of play, but both teams are expected to start losing. Just keep winning.
Teams gain respect by winning which Rutgers teams are doing,They lose some respect with inconsistent offense which allows opponents to hang around and make games closer than they should be.I have to give the womens basketball team a shout out for winning on the road which the mens team has yet to master.Bottom line both teams are in position for a NCAA bid which is what matters in basketball.

Both programs rising from the grave and huge on D.
Still a lot of influential people out there that still believe we are just some kind of mirage and are waiting for us to fade away.
Close calls like this game usually end up as WTF losses. I think we will be shocked back to playing tougher now.

I have to give the womens basketball team a shout out for winning on the road which the mens team has yet to master.Bottom line both teams are in position for a NCAA bid which is what matters in basketball.

To be fair, the Men have played their In Conf. road games against the top teams, the Women the bottom. THE big difference is the Bahama Tourney vs. Men's trip to Pitt and Toronto. BUT you can only play the teams you face AND they are certainly getting it done.
So not at all disagreeing and hope the guys can get it done going forward and the women can continue as things get a bit more difficult.
Just GREAT to have combined records of 29-6 (9-3) ! Next best combined records are 27-8 (Indy) and 26-8 (Iowa and Maryland).

Reactions: RUonBrain and RUtom
I did not watch the game but looking at stats, it seems like we just stunk up the joint shooting. Arella and KK went a combined 8/32 from the field (25%), while Jordan and T-Mack only took 15 shots (going 9/15)--though CVS mentioned in the post game interview that PSU seemed to be trying to take away Jordan in the middle. Was the offense/engergy stagnant? Team had 14 turnovers, which is not great but not horrible (compared to 16 assets). Nice to see solid production off bench from both T. Singleton (who's quietly been putting up some nice numbers) and to see the re-emergence of Noga.

What is concerning is the seemingly lack of confidence/production from Zippy/Morris/and Davenport. The starters are playing a TON of minutes, and our press would be so much more dynamic if we could run more people in and out. I also think there is a ton of potential from both Zippy and Morris to produce offensively and cause havoc on the defensive side. Hoping they both get going soon.

This doesn't bother me. Remember, we started the season with a very new team, many players who had just recently been introduced. And now we're 15-2! If the team keeps finding ways to win, the recognition and respect will take care of themselves.

In the meantime, I think CVS is doing a great job with this team. So kudos to her. And with the #8 recruiting class coming in, the future is bright.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
ADVERTISEMENT