ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Purdue 7PM 1/16/19

And that’s a wrap! Great job and way to battle back ... 2 games in a row they pull it out!!!!

62-58 12 seconds remaining.Rutgers needs a defensive rebound .Purdue makes 2 foul shots .62-60.Rutgers then is fouled and makes 2 foul shots.64-60.Purdue makes a 3 pointer,score 64-63.Rutgers wins 65-63.What a nail biter.Take the win and be very happy.Rutgers is the only B1G team undefeated in league competition.

Last edited:
Carey hits both...64-60...Purdue drains 3 easily 64-63....Carey going to line, prolly not enough time left even if she does not hit 2.3 sec...just dont foul on a rebound, let it go, not going to have enough time

Reactions: RUforester72
Didn't choke, but came damm close to it.
But pulled the game out and WON again

shaky win, another unexplained collapse with a 14-0 run by Purdue to force overtime but give credit to this team, they keep finding ways to scrap out wins. They would have lost this game last year as well as some others so I think this team is a bit more advanced than last year. Congrats to the team and staff for going 6-0 and 9 in a row..

Reactions: MADHAT1 and shields
6-0 baby ... after UMD loses to MSU tomorrow ... 2 game lead!!!!!!

Whewwwwww! A win is a win is a win. But man was that tough. Purdue is tough, and we still have trouble finishing games. Again too many turnovers in the 4th quarter. Up 14, there should have been no way that Purdue should have been able to come back like they did and force OT. In the end however, we're still undefeated in B1G play and we didn't lose our first game after finally entering the top 25.

We need to be even better this Sunday if we plan on beating Michigan State, which I know we can beat. Go RU!

Reactions: MADHAT1
I was worried as Heck, but calm and serine now
that game over and RU came out on top [banana]

shaky win, another unexplained collapse with a 14-0 run by Purdue to force overtime but give credit to this team, they keep finding ways to scrap out wins. They would have lost this game last year as well as some others so I think this team is a bit more advanced than last year. Congrats to the team and staff for going 6-0 and 9 in a row..
Rutgers plays home Sunday against Michigan State.Great Rutgers win .

It's inexcusable to let a team go on a 14-0 run with 5 min to go, especially at home. Have to put teams away. This is going to bite us one day.

That being said, like in the Nebraska game when the Huskers tied it up, the OT was tied for a WHILE and RU kept playing GREAT defense before they made the shots they needed to make. This team sure does have experience with close games, and they're able to keep their composure.

On to Mich St. Hope Ariella can rest her ankle.

Great to get the W BUT GOD DAMN what is it with our teams and the inability to go for the jugular/close out easily??!!

Readon #4 Our athletic department is in desperate need of a team psychiatrist.

well it might be time to sing a happy song and forget about being on pins and needles until the end of game went in RU's favor

Me too. I honestly thought he had died or retired.
I'm used to seeing bad officiating for women's games, but I thought the guy was purposely trying to give the game to Purdue in the overtime. He somehow was able tp spot a foul on Rutgers under the basket while he was at mid-court, but didn't see the Purdue big put 2 hands on our player's back and push her out of position to get he rebound. None of the refs called #1 for an offensive foul when she put her shoulder into Noga and pushed her back a few feet.

Great to get the W BUT GOD DAMN what is it with our teams and the inability to go for the jugular/close out easily??!!

Readon #4 Our athletic department is in desperate need of a team psychiatrist.

Hey, Purdue is good. I’m glad we won. Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist?

Reactions: ScarletDave
Worst officiated game I have ever witnessed in person, #11 used her off arm to push off on every possession & never got called for it one time. CViv needs to start getting into the officials ears like the opponents coach always seems to do. Every time that Jesse Dickerson officiates a RU game the same one sided calls always happen.

Reactions: ChasRC69 and rondi
Worst officiated game I have ever witnessed in person, #11 used her off arm to push off on every possession & never got called for it one time. CViv needs to start getting into the officials ears like the opponents coach always seems to do. Every time that Jesse Dickerson officiates a RU game the same one sided calls always happen.
Can you say Tina Napier?

ADVERTISEMENT