ADVERTISEMENT

RU women's basketball recruiting news

Carly Santoro, 5-10 G, grad-transferring from Bowling Green, 12.8 PPG is visiting OH St., MI and Rutgers. There is another player transferring from BG, that makes two from BG that is transferring.

CVS and Coach Domond on the recruiting trail. Tweet yesterday from Detroit. Highly rated recruit

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/222136
You know what, looks like Rickea Jackson had a home visit with CVS on March 21, 2018 according to this tweet below, that's a good sign and means Rickea is seriously considering us:

Raoul‏@Raoul_000 15h15 hours ago
WBB: Home visits reported today

DY3Hk4iWAAA9iX3.jpg

1 reply1 retweet3 likes

Show this thread

You know what, looks like Rickea Jackson had a home visit with CVS on March 21, 2018 according to this tweet below, that's a good sign and means Rickea is seriously considering us:

Raoul‏@Raoul_000 15h15 hours ago
WBB: Home visits reported today

DY3Hk4iWAAA9iX3.jpg

1 reply1 retweet3 likes

Show this thread
I saw this too about Rickea and was about to post it, and was also going to mention Taiyier Parks that RU is interested in. I get most of my information from this guy Raoul; I got his link from the UCONN board.

need to bring in the type of talent that will help Zip shine at PG while she's at RU and help Tia become a real good interior player.
With those two and Arella, the RUWBB program would be looking good if a talented Class of 2019 is added to the roster.
I'm praying that happens :pray:

While she is very clear that she has no idea where she'll go to college, this is Rickea Jackson's pinned tweet:

Is there a way to confirm this? When does the spring signing period begin? The information below refers to Alexis Morris who played at Baylor but was dismissed from the team before the start of the season, I think.

buildabear1
10:02a

Alex on Instagram on a live feed just posted, she will be going to Rutgers University.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Well I have never been on the Baylor boards and their up to 11, yes 11 pages of "info." Maybe someone with bad insomnia can post a summery for the board.

Thread summary from Baylor board on Morris:

1. dismissed for violation of team rules in September
2. expected to rejoin team in future
3. got in trouble again during winter break
4. requested a transfer
5. believed to be in Starkville (Miss. State) last week for official visit
6. Rutgers?

Reactions: ScarletteK80
on Morris:
Don't know about her that much but seems like being dismissed/ suspended from the Baylor team , then getting in trouble while waiting to be reinstated might be a red flag and even with her talent a reason to be leery about adding her to RU's roster.

on Morris:
Don't know about her that much but seems like being dismissed/ suspended from the Baylor team , then getting in trouble while waiting to be reinstated might be a red flag and even with her talent a reason to be leery about adding her to RU's roster.
Just because some one writes something on a message board does not make it true, is there any evidence that she got in trouble after being suspended from the team?

Reactions: rondi
I’m sure CVS is well aware of the trouble she has gotten into and must have felt she deserved another chance.

I generally do not keep track of scholarships available, but is there one available for Ms. Morris next season?

Also, nothing yet on RutgersWBB twitter about this.

I generally do not keep track of scholarships available, but is there one available for Ms. Morris next season?

Also, nothing yet on RutgersWBB twitter about this.
We are losing 5 players to graduation (assuming Sanders doesn't redshirt and decide to stay). We only had 2 incoming Freshmen committed, so there should be a scholarship for Alex even if KK stays.

Reactions: ea_1
Not sure if this is monitored or not but thought I would throw it out there. Yesterday was an amazing day of basketball at the RAC. The RAC was filled with over 6,000 fans. Many which came to support their girls from across the River in Franklin. You have the #1 basketball team in New Jersey and #12 in the nation in your backyard. You may want to consider recruiting from there. Especially if you want to increase attendance. I regularly attend RU games and the house was packed way more than I’ve seen for the College games. Diamond is already gone, but Tiana is still deciding on a college. She is an amazing point guard and knows how to run a Championship team. She has academic scholarships, but nothing yet for Basketball. Her points are low but her court vision and assists are amazing. She is a great player and we would love to see her here at home at Rutgers.

Also the twins are juniors and amazing too!

Reactions: dmd78
Not sure if this is monitored or not but thought I would throw it out there. Yesterday was an amazing day of basketball at the RAC. The RAC was filled with over 6,000 fans. Many which came to support their girls from across the River in Franklin. You have the #1 basketball team in New Jersey and #12 in the nation in your backyard. You may want to consider recruiting from there. Especially if you want to increase attendance. I regularly attend RU games and the house was packed way more than I’ve seen for the College games. Diamond is already gone, but Tiana is still deciding on a college. She is an amazing point guard and knows how to run a Championship team. She has academic scholarships, but nothing yet for Basketball. Her points are low but her court vision and assists are amazing. She is a great player and we would love to see her here at home at Rutgers.

Also the twins are juniors and amazing too!
Wow, great stuff you posted. Re your ladies, I'm pretty sure the RU staff knows how good they are. It was posted on here not too long ago about CVS watching a game there as was Brenda Friese/Maryland coach. Sometimes kids want to get away from home. I wished Diamond would have stayed here.
I bet that your coach knows who to reach out to. If not they can start here. Nice to see a new face, welcome to the board.

How do you know RU dropped out of her top 10?

Not sure which question you mean to ask. Sometimes the information is posted on the rating sites, like HoopGurlz. Sometimes the player puts the information on social media. Sometimes the local paper writes a story. My post speculated on a possible reason for the offer to the young woman in Arizona. Upon reading the post again, I see how it could be interpreted in a different way. I personally do not know if RU dropped out of the running for Ms. Reese--if that is the question. I hope RU is number one on her list.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
ADVERTISEMENT