ADVERTISEMENT

RUAuburn Ed

2nd quarter was one of the worst quarters I have ever seen. Too much dribbling and going nowhere.

30-46 4:53 3rd. 18 turnovers shooting 30% Only positive winning boards 24-18

Might take a little time for the team's chemistry to help it play better.
TOs have been a problem for years , but I expect the PG play to be a plus once this team gets some game experience playing together and learning about what can be expected of each other on the court.

Tough game last night. Some positives....1) the way they fought back in the second half, getting the lead down to 7or 8 pts., 2) Kaylene stepping up and hitting from the parking lot and playing tough to the end. Most promising was how she also played more connected with the kickout off of her drive., and 3) Jillian looking like she can be a triple threat on this level. Her bball savvy is going to be huge for this team.

The bad..........Although Auburn was athletic with some size, we can't have that long of a "deer in headlights" moment. I really felt for Coach because it was excruciating for me from my seat as a fan. Our ball handlers need to get better, but all of our players have to be better at leveraging their opponent(v-cut) and coming to meet the passes.....especially against the quick athletic teams.

If they do that and keep the ball moving, they should get better shots. As a few others stated, they were doing way too much dribbling, as if they were up against a pushover opponent. Jumping out to such a big lead seemed to give them a false sense of their opponents abilities. They were humbled, maybe embarrassed in that second quarter. A lot of credit to them for fighting back though.

I'm sure coach will put in some more offensive approaches that allow them to be more effective against the zone defense and a long defender out front. i was thinking more of a spread offense with the two best ballhandlers up high, and KB or Destiny on the foul line. The tall Auburn girl up top can't wreak havoc against that.

Who was that young lady for Auburn, up top of the zone ?? She looked like Diamond Miller out there or Saniya Rivers or somebody! Lots of talent for Auburn. I was a bit surprised too. Coach Harris is a year ahead of Coquese in the rebuilding process. Our year three can look as promising or even moreso with another big-time signing or two. (M.Blakes, K. McMiller)

Reactions: MADHAT1
SEC WBB is really good top to bottom compared to the b1g.
In some ways. The SEC has plenty of teams that are not particularly competitive in conference, as does the B1G. Like the B1G teams, their out-of-conference schedules vary in difficulty and their success also varies.

That said, the B1G had some stinkers on the bottom end last year (though the SEC had some, as well). It will be interesting to follow this year to see how teams like Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Georgia, and yes Auburn do going forward, and Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern etc. in the B1G.

SEC does look pretty tough. If those are the bottom end, they definitely have our Conference beat. I would throw Kentucky in there. Texas A&M had tons of injuries last year, I believe. They made a run as they started getting healthy at the end of the season. With the four mentioned above continuing to add top-tier talent, they will continue to be a step ahead of the B1G teams mentioned above. Those B1G teams are not getting a regular stream of 4 and 5-star players.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens. Can the new Minn coach bring in the talent?? We'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT