ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ed Cooley “I am rich as a mother….”

He made some headlines here for his actions in the postgame presser after the Rutgers-Georgetown game.
He hot heckled pretty good in his return to providence about a possible providence mistress .
Then this happened at the seton hall game

And some people use the same criterion to evaluate the quality of journalism.

Reactions: Good-Knight
Providence students making noise outside of arena at 10:12 am ahead of 12:30 pm Georgetown tipoff. The arena is located miles away from campus.

Contrast that to lack of Rutgers students turning up to 12 noon start against #11 Wisconsin. To be clear, Ed C was the most popular person in Providence and Rhode Island for years, so his betrayal stings more there than if Pike suddenly quit Rutgers.

Check out the kid's tee shirt at 0:20 of the video.

Never liked the guy but he's right,he is relatively rich.And many around here would probably agree-- changing teams for the money is just fine. Ask Cam. Personally a little loyalty first is always best-- the money can come later unless you don't have much in the first place.

Never liked the guy but he's right,he is relatively rich.And many around here would probably agree-- changing teams for the money is just fine. Ask Cam. Personally a little loyalty first is always best-- the money can come later unless you don't have much in the first place.
The rumors are that Cooley didn’t change teams for money. But who knows.

Cam had his reasons . He probably didn’t have a mistress in Piscataway either

Reactions: bIhawk
The rumors are that Cooley didn’t change teams for money. But who knows.

Cam had his reasons . He probably didn’t have a mistress in Piscataway either
I have some long time contacts in Providence and they said it wasn't really the money so much but other stuff. But in any event as he said he can clearly say hey , I'm rich go f yourself.

Ed's daughter recently graduated from Georgetown and lives in the DC area. Maybe Ed wants to be close to his daughter and at the same time get those tuition payments refunded in the form of a power conference head coach paycheck.

Providence students making noise outside of arena at 10:12 am ahead of 12:30 pm Georgetown tipoff. The arena is located miles away from campus.

Contrast that to lack of Rutgers students turning up to 12 noon start against #11 Wisconsin. To be clear, Ed C was the most popular person in Providence and Rhode Island for years, so his betrayal stings more there than if Pike suddenly quit Rutgers.

Check out the kid's tee shirt at 0:20 of the video.

Apples and oranges- that’s always been the main show there.

He was talking to our student section quite a bit too - not many head coaches choose to do that.

He was a coach in the same conference
Georgetown is paying Ed $6 million, according to reports I'm not 100% sure are accurate. That would be more than Dan Hurley, head coach of UConn, Big East member and defending national champion.

Providence College can't afford to pay a coach $6 million.

Cooley did not leave for money. He was being paid very well for someone who won three games in the ncaa tournament in twelve years. He did a great job energizing the fan base and is a decent coach. PC actually made out pretty good getting English and don't even have to pay him this year with the buyout. Can you believe Georgetown had the nerve to ask PCto waive the buyout? Lol

Georgetown is paying Ed $6 million, according to reports I'm not 100% sure are accurate. That would be more than Dan Hurley, head coach of UConn, Big East member and defending national champion.

Providence College can't afford to pay a coach $6 million.
I don't care what he's getting paid. You said:

"in the form of a power conference head coach paycheck"

I'm saying he was already coaching in the power conference Big East and therefore was already doing this.

Cooley did not leave for money. He was being paid very well for someone who won three games in the ncaa tournament in twelve years. He did a great job energizing the fan base and is a decent coach. PC actually made out pretty good getting English and don't even have to pay him this year with the buyout. Can you believe Georgetown had the nerve to ask PCto waive the buyout? Lol
Why did he leave ?

I don't care what he's getting paid. You said:

"in the form of a power conference head coach paycheck"

I'm saying he was already coaching in the power conference Big East and therefore was already doing this.
Pro Co don't pay PoCo dough.

He's getting paid more there but not a lot more and was not the reason he left. He left because his wife was going to leave whether he was going or not with his money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT