ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

Well, maybe he has another gig lined up. That would be the best cast scenario.

Obviously, we’re all going straight to scandal, which would be very Rutgers.

Right at a time when the overall athletic department has more momentum than I can remember in my lifetime.

We are not allowed to have nice things.

When Tardatoriums like State Penn, Ohio St., etc have nice things no one bats an eye. Rutgers has nice things? "We need to find out why."

Why would he leave abruptly on the cusp of what could be one of our finest hours, that he is directly responsible for, unless there is crippling scandal?

Edit: Turns out it is for health reasons. Wishing all the best for him in his retirement assuming he is retiring. Seriously though, go ahead and throw stones if you didn't think exactly what I did. That just makes you a liar.

Last edited:
Going into what could be the greatest football and basketball seasons in Rutgers B1G history and he leaves on basically the eve of? Yeah something not right here which leads you to believe he was involved in some type of bad behavior.

Last edited:
Whatever it is, I think Schiano knew ahead of time.

Schiano went out of his way to thank Holloway during his big ten media day presser. But he never mentioned Hobbs. I thought that was very odd at the time.

Going into what could be the greatest football and basketball seasons in the B1G and he leaves on basically the eve of? Yeah something not right here which leads you to believe he was involved in some type of bad behavior.

There are a number of possibilities. One you cited but also possibly a health issue for him or a close family member. Let's wait for the dust to settle and let the FACTS come out.

There are a number of possibilities. One you cited but also possibly a health issue for him or a close family member. Let's wait for the dust to settle and let the FACTS come out.
Yes could be a health issue but that normally would have been stated in the resignation letter.

Best case scenario he was sleeping with students or subordinates. A personal scandal but not a university scandal.

I mean, if that was the case then it sucks for him that he's going out under a cloud, but at least he got the action in the first place. Might even have been worth it!

NJ Advance Media obtained a letter from Pat Hobbs explaining his reasoning for the decision, which came after "meeting with my cardiac team this week and having just been apprised of the results of my latest round of testing."

Reactions: rualb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT