ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Basketball All-Decade Team

ScarletR30

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2008
Slow day here and I realized as this decade is coming to an end, I wonder who would make up a 2010's all decade team. Despite it being a tough time W/L wise there are still some solid players to choose from. For fun here would be mine:

G-Corey Sanders
G-Myles Mack
G/F-Dane Miller
F-Jonathon Mitchell
C/F- Kadeem Jack
6th man- Eli Carter
Coach- Pi

Sure some guys I left off but I can definitely see Geo on here with another good year

Slow day here and I realized as this decade is coming to an end, I wonder who would make up a 2010's all decade team. Despite it being a tough time W/L wise there are still some solid players to choose from. For fun here would be mine:

G-Corey Sanders
G-Myles Mack
G/F-Dane Miller
F-Jonathon Mitchell
C/F- Kadeem Jack
6th man- Eli Carter
Coach- Pi

Sure some guys I left off but I can definitely see Geo on here with another good year
Eli Carter should be a starter .He was the reason Rutgers upset highly ranked Florida and was the player opponents feared..

Eli Carter should be a starter .He was the reason Rutgers upset highly ranked Florida and was the player opponents feared..
That was his best game of his career. Not sure he deserves to be a starter.

PG Corey Sanders---can't deny talent
SG Eli Carter--only 2 years but best all around 2 guard of the decade
SF Jonathan Mitchell--Jack might deserve over him, but Jack senior year hurt
PF Eugene Omoruyi--sorry guys
C Hamady---dude was drafted and a huge presence defenisvely in his only year in decade

Bench
Jack--hold his SR year against him
Mack--great off the bench, played out of position at RU. not best on D
Miller--oodles of potential, funniest guy to play in the decade. Never lived up to potential

Reactions: KnightTerrors
List would change if you could only do players that only played for Rutgers and never transferred.

I would say best team from all aspects will have many of this years team on it, if not all.

Certain players just can't make the cut from a defensive perspective from prior years.

Geo Baker, Jacob Young, Ron Harper Jr, Jonathan Mitchell, Myles Johnson.

I know, I am high on a player that hasn't played a game in an RU uniform. Speed kills!

Reactions: ScarletR30

G-Corey Sanders
G-Myles Mack
G/F-Dane Miller
F-Jonathon Mitchell
C/F- Kadeem Jack
6th man- Eli Carter
Coach- Pi

I would not put Dane Miller on all decade team.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
I would not put Dane Miller on all decade team.
Yeah I think I had some revisionist history on his career when looking back on his stats. I think I would bump Carter up and throw Mike WIlliams as 6th man with Geo taking over that spot if he has another good year

We had some amazing talent over the last 3 decades. It would be very difficult for me to choose just six. Lots of guys would be neck and neck for spots. I could probably come up with 13 scholarship players I would put on the team.

Earl Duncan
Steve Worthy
Keith Hughes
Tom Savage
Rick Dadika
Quincy Douby
Corey Sanders
Craig Carter
Mike Williams
Myles Mack
Hamaday N’diaye
Geo Baker
Ron Harper Jr.

Very hard as there are definitely some I missed here. Honorable mentions: Jack, Miller, Kent, Darryl Smith

I loved watching John Battle play. Not a betting man, but there was something about his shot that you could bet the farm if it was going in or not as he shot it. I believe he is now a minister in Georgia or North Carolina and married singer Regina Belle.

PG Corey Sanders---can't deny talent
SG Eli Carter--only 2 years but best all around 2 guard of the decade
SF Jonathan Mitchell--Jack might deserve over him, but Jack senior year hurt
PF Eugene Omoruyi--sorry guys
C Hamady---dude was drafted and a huge presence defenisvely in his only year in decade

Bench
Jack--hold his SR year against him
Mack--great off the bench, played out of position at RU. not best on D
Miller--oodles of potential, funniest guy to play in the decade. Never lived up to potential

Completely agree with Sanders and N'Diaye but wow our forward pool was weak. I'd go with Omoruyi and Jack as forwards regardless of the SF/PF distinction. Jack's senior year wasn't great but Mitchell only played two years here. For the same reason, I'd probably go with Mack over Carter also but I'd be ok with either. I'd include Carter as 6th man and call it a day right there.

The proof of how bad we have been has to be that Dane Miller gets anywhere near an all-decade team. i often though he shouldn't even be starting during his senior year.

Completely agree with Sanders and N'Diaye but wow our forward pool was weak. I'd go with Omoruyi and Jack as forwards regardless of the SF/PF distinction. Jack's senior year wasn't great but Mitchell only played two years here. For the same reason, I'd probably go with Mack over Carter also but I'd be ok with either. I'd include Carter as 6th man and call it a day right there.

The proof of how bad we have been has to be that Dane Miller gets anywhere near an all-decade team. i often though he shouldn't even be starting during his senior year.
Lack of forwards/bigs is definitely the most glaring looking back through the decade. One monster year from RHJ and he would already surpass the production of many before him. This is a shame because the 00's was pretty solid with guys like N'Daiye, JR Inman, Herve, and Rashod Kent

Reactions: satnom and Mr Magoo
Odds are tough to find and evens are a dime a dozen.

Point guard, skilled 6’6’’ wings and centers are rare

Undersized shooting/combo guards and power forwards are plentiful

A lot of Mike Williams love here, the kid sure rebounded well for his size, but I'd rather have Webb, Farmer, Mack, Carter, Corey...at least a dozen guards. I think Coburn had a better career. Beatty had a better senior campaign.

Reactions: Scangg and mfgiguy
Sanders
Mack/Geo (very close, can't decide)
Dane
Omoruyiori/Mitchell (close, can't decide....won't ever spell Eugene's name correctly as a protest)
N'diaye

Harper could easily replace Dane with a big sophomore year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
A lot of Mike Williams love here, the kid sure rebounded well for his size, but I'd rather have Webb, Farmer, Mack, Carter, Corey...at least a dozen guards. I think Coburn had a better career. Beatty had a better senior campaign.
Huge Mike Williams fan. Helped the team is so many ways other than shooting. However at the end of the day he played a position where you have to put points on the board and have to make an adequate % of shots. His shooting disqualified him for any consideration.

Reactions: DECKRU and Scangg
Huge Mike Williams fan. Helped the team is so many ways other than shooting. However at the end of the day he played a position where you have to put points on the board and have to make an adequate % of shots. His shooting disqualified him for any consideration.
If his shooting came around like it was supposed to he would have been such a good player. Mike did everything else you want in a player. He couldn't shoot the 3 and was not much if any threat to take the ball to the basket and you have to be some threat offensively to play the 2 where points are expected to be produced.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT