ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers basketball coach Steve Pikiell reacts to Greg Schiano press conference:

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
“With a million texts he was getting, he texted me back within five minutes,’’ Pikiell told NJ Advance Media on Wednesday, applauding Rutgers’ hiring of Schiano shortly after the introductory press conference. “I really look forward to sitting down with him and picking his brain on some things, and seeing if there’s anything we can do in basketball to help him. I had a good relationship with (former coach) Chris (Ash) and hope to have a great relationship with (Schiano).’’

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...-press-conference-i-want-to-play-for-him.html

He has no idea how different and better it is going to be for him and bball too. The State if Rutgers will spill over and help.
Announce Schiano to a big hone game and enjoy the crowd.

Seems like Pike had no relationship with Ash. No shocker. Good to see Pike extend an olive branch and friendly gesture to Schiano.

Seems like Pike had no relationship with Ash. No shocker. Good to see Pike extend an olive branch and friendly gesture to Schiano.

not sure how you see that.

“I had a good relationship with (former coach) Chris (Ash) and hope to have a great relationship with (Schiano).’’

Reactions: newell138
I
not sure how you see that.

“I had a good relationship with (former coach) Chris (Ash) and hope to have a great relationship with (Schiano).’’
You may be right. Saying I had a “good relationship” with Ash but hoping for a “ great” relationship with Schiano just Appears his relationship with Ash was eh mediocre.

I

You may be right. Saying I had a “good relationship” with Ash but hoping for a “ great” relationship with Schiano just Appears his relationship with Ash was eh mediocre.

Damning of Ash who just did not get it. How could you not have a great relationship with Pike?

Just looking at the quote. Big difference between good and great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT