ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball defeats Stonehill to end OOC play with a win

Fernandes needs to sit. He really brings nothing to the table. Surely J. Williams can’t be any worse
They are both horrible. Really doesn’t matter. We need 3 B1G guards right now to compete.

The first words out of Pikiell's mouth need to be "this is on me, we're going to look at everything we're doing as coaches and fix it."

Instead he'll say games around the holidays are tough, we shot too many threes, they're on their phones too much etc

Reactions: biazza38 and RU MAN
This team may not get a single conference win. This is a horrendous basketball team.

I'll be honest, I'd never even heard of a school named Stonehill until this game...and now I'm gonna try my best to forget it.

What a LOUSY performance today by RU. They were damned lucky to win against a team that was, I believe, 3-12 entering today's game.

Man, that was beyond UGLY!

Reactions: LOU-RU85
Pike’s only recourse at the presser is to take FULL responsibility for everything that happened today and walk off into the locker room. He can’t make them make shots or box out but this mess was almost entirely his fault. He has to have them ready to play and he has to coach competently. He failed the team miserably today.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
The first words out of Pikiell's mouth need to be "this is on me, we're going to look at everything we're doing as coaches and fix it."

Instead he'll say games around the holidays are tough, we shot too many threes, they're on their phones too much etc
The words out of any coach’s mouth, in a press conference, are mostly meaningless. Totally doesn’t matter what he says. Only ever matters what he does.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Pike’s only recourse at the presser is to take FULL responsibility for everything that happened today and walk off into the locker room. He can’t make them make shots or box out but this mess was almost entirely his fault. He has to have them ready to play and he has to coach competently. He failed the team miserably today.
No answer to Stonehill’s zone.

No recognition that their whole damn team was in foul trouble while we settle for 3s instead of driving.

More cheerleading than coaching.

Awful job today from Pike.

I want to say this could serve as a great wakeup call, but who am I kidding?!?
You would think Bryant and Wake and Illinois would’ve been wake up calls but nope it seems it’s all going to $h¡t

Reactions: biazza38
No answer to Stonehill’s zone.

No recognition that their whole damn team was in foul trouble while we settle for 3s instead of driving.

More cheerleading than coaching.

Awful job today from Pike.
Again, their two best players weren’t there and they had 6 scholarship players and multiple players with 4 fouls. We walked the ball up even when we got rebounds. Insane.

Reactions: biazza38
After the Illinois game I pretty much assumed there is no postseason for this team. I'm willing to accept an awful season given what we have coming in 24. The current makeup of this roster is dreadful and that needs to be fixed for next season.

In all seriousness, credit to the fans at the RAC who kept feeding much needed positive energy to the team through what was not a fun game to watch.

The fans had a lot of stamina

The RU basketball team did everything it could to absolute suck the energy right out of the crowd

I mean good grief 🤦‍♂️
Charlie Brown Fly GIF by Apple TV+

Reactions: FrankZ
We had no natural ball handlers today, the closest thing to it this year is JMike who was out. Simpson, Austin Williams and Noah are more 2guard than even combo guard. I'd take Jalen Miller or Logan Stephens back or Aiden Terry behind JMike over this. There is no chemistry in the back court between Noah, Derek or Austin and Gavin is not a 2G.

Reactions: Wagram97 and RW90
Nobody is blameless, but the coaches didn’t shoot 15-59 and 4-26 and rebounds 44-44. I guarantee one thing - the coaches give a sh*t. Not so sure about some of these entitled brats.

Ace, Harper, Somerville, etc….. we’re thinking 1 of 2 things.

1. My God what did we get ourselves into.

Or

2. Can’t wait to show how real basketball is played
Hopefully they were on their phones and not paying attention . . .

Reactions: RuBird
In all seriousness, credit to the fans at the RAC who kept feeding much needed positive energy to the team through what was not a fun game to watch.
The 6th man was a great crowd, needed their energy big-time to defeat such a worthy opponent

Excited for Pikiell to blame the kids being on their phones over Christmas and not his garbage coaching.
He never blames the kids for poor play for being on the phone. He tries to keep them off sites like this and Twitter so they don’t see what some of the fans complain about.

Reactions: Wagram97
Nobody is blameless, but the coaches didn’t shoot 15-59 and 4-26 and rebounds 44-44. I guarantee one thing - the coaches give a sh*t. Not so sure about some of these entitled brats.
You play like you practice.
That’s held true in every sport for eternity.
It’s really not about our anemic offense as much as it is we don’t run one

There is no leadership on the court. Where is the fire? Where is the intensity? Where is the competitive spirit?

Reactions: Antnee79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT