ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball defeats Stonehill to end OOC play with a win

That's what I'm talking about . Like poor old golfers in the duffer league padding their handicaps. Buckeyes by 18. Bet 'em.😜

That's what I'm talking about . Like poor old golfers in the duffer league padding their handicaps. Buckeyes by 18. Bet 'em.😜
I expect to lose by 20+. However, even with that, we won’t look as bad as today. Stonehill is a really terrible team.

Today sucked. This year is gonna suck.

My only question is do we have more than 3 freshmen starting next year? I assume JMike or Simpson will start but after that who knows?

My wildcard for next year is GG. I‘m hoping/expecting a significant improvement. Hopefully his offseason consists of putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle, lots of work learning how to play D (his footwork is atrocious) and lastly taking hundreds of wide open uncontested 3 pointers. He is going to have many , many uncontested 3 attempts next year.

Fans aren't going to like that presser
giphy.webp

Reactions: Scangg
Didn’t coach at all today.
Coaches can't make shots but they are responsible for recruiting .They get a grade of A plus for next year but a D minus for this season largely based on the performance of Fernandes and Griffiths.The performance of Griffiths is truly disappointing and some of the blame has to be put on the lack of a half court offense.

Ace, Harper, Somerville, etc….. were thinking 1 of 2 things.

1. My God what did we get ourselves into?

Or

2. Can’t wait to show how real basketball is played!
I choose the latter because most of the players on current squad will be gone or not playing meaningful minutes.

Reactions: RuBird
Fans aren't going to like that presser
While I’m sure I’ll be in the minority, I liked it a lot. Perfect press conference by Pike, IMO.

The team played well below it‘s capability today. Low energy and poor focus. It sucks but it happens. Does absolutely no good at all for a coach to dwell on that publicly. Giving them a push on foul shooting, OTOH, always makes sense because it’s something the players can mostly easily improve.

Anyway, what a coach says in a press conference isn’t important compared to what he says in practices and meeting rooms.

Wow, missed today's game playing in a disc golf tourney, just catching the last 10 seconds on the radio. OMG, I can't believe we almost lost to this team. No way can I stomach reading this thread, lol - too many preps to do for our annual NYE party. Not looking good for the rest of the season, but then again, Pike's teams have been counted out before and found ways to win, so I'll be there cheering as usual, hoping we can turn the ship around.

Wow, missed today's game playing in a disc golf tourney, just catching the last 10 seconds on the radio. OMG, I can't believe we almost lost to this team. No way can I stomach reading this thread, lol - too many preps to do for our annual NYE party. Not looking good for the rest of the season, but then again, Pike's teams have been counted out before and found ways to win, so I'll be there cheering as usual, hoping we can turn the ship around.
Get more hookers!

And yes, things look bleak at the moment, but I’m not counting out the team from at least getting some big wins this season.

While I’m sure I’ll be in the minority, I liked it a lot. Perfect press conference by Pike, IMO.

The team played well below it‘s capability today. Low energy and poor focus. It sucks but it happens. Does absolutely no good at all for a coach to dwell on that publicly. Giving them a push on foul shooting, OTOH, always makes sense because it’s something the players can mostly easily improve.

Anyway, what a coach says in a press conference isn’t important compared to what he says in practices and meeting rooms.
In general sure... at some point Pike should consider ripping them publicly. Maybe it's the wake up call they need to realize this play isn't acceptable

Also guys have lost all their confidence and are afraid to shoot. I’m not sure ripping them at all is the answer. People are complaining about taking too many threes but they were ~all open and there were a bunch more that should’ve been taken but hesitation led to them being passed up in favor of terrible passes and turnovers.

In general sure... at some point Pike should consider ripping them publicly. Maybe it's the wake up call they need to realize this play isn't acceptable
If they need a wake up call, the coach can deliver it in private. What purpose does doing it publicly serve? I don’t think this one-game energy/focus thing is a huge problem. Poor shooting has been a problem. But poor shooting’s not usually a problem you solve with negative pressure from the coach.

The press conferences are for the media and fans. It’s an unpleasant chore most coaches probably hate, except after a huge win, as it has no value to the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT