ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Chattanooga game thread

Well...things can only get better from here! (I'm getting a lot of practice at looking on the bright side of things this week).
RU 28. UTC 35 at the half

At least the tickets were only $2.50. That's all this is worth. Don't expect many wins this year. 10 maximum. We have 9 players suited up. UTC came out with 13 string and fit women. Our program needs a change. I won't be back this year. Too depressing.

Reactions: LadyRU09
Newsflash Rutgers is a bottom feeder in the Big 10. Reality is there is little talent and little experience. Lucky to break 10 wins

Wow. Just took a break from work to check out the score. Going to be a fantastic season.

Poor recruiting and old thinking she doesn't have the horses this year. Maybe next year will be better. Very young too

Reactions: bac2therac
I expected a T-C win. They're a good team. Finished 24-8 last season.

I'm hoping we approach a .500 record this year and the young players continue to get better. With Scaife and some experienced players, next season will be interesting.

This game was over when Chattanooga switched to a zone defense.Rutgers didn't make a 3 pointer until the fourth quarter.Scoring 53 points won't result in many wins.

Without Scaife, this is likely to be a tough season.

with Scaife it would have been a tough season. Last season there were 3 WNBA players on the team yet the wins werent there and they didnt make the NCAA tourney. At least with Scaife they could have been a couple games over 500 but without her.....ugly

Poor recruiting and old thinking she doesn't have the horses this year. Maybe next year will be better. Very young too
I watched the game on BTN+. They commented in particular on youth, the loss of almost all our best players to graduation, Scaife's sitting out, and the 3 transfers sitting out due to NCAA rules. They said, in pretty plain English, that she doesn't have the experienced horses this year, and next year would be better.

I don't know about "old thinking", but recruiting has been poor and that has been discussed ad infinitum, so lets skip it. Interestingly, Jeune, whom I would have thought was our best recruit at the time she came aboard, looked disappointing to me, although they did point out that she played very little last year.

Oh well , guess it's going to be a doom and gloom board this season.
I'm with oldtimer and will add let the season play out before telling everyone it's over.

I watched the game on BTN+. They commented in particular on youth, the loss of almost all our best players to graduation, Scaife's sitting out, and the 3 transfers sitting out due to NCAA rules. They said, in pretty plain English, that she doesn't have the experienced horses this year, and next year would be better.

I don't know about "old thinking", but recruiting has been poor and that has been discussed ad infinitum, so lets skip it. Interestingly, Jeune, whom I would have thought was our best recruit at the time she came aboard, looked disappointing to me, although they did point out that she played very little last year.

I use the term old thinking in the fact that she seems to be defense and short jumper and inside game mentality to the point where we can't keep up with the other teams. We have a non existent 3 point game and our offense seems very stagnant at most times. Scoring points has never been our strong point for the last few years, we need to figure out how to score from the 3 point line. I understand defense wins championships but in todays game you still have to out shoot the other team, and we are always slow getting out to defend the 3 so if the other team is hitting them its goodnight Irene. But we all figured this was going to be a rebuilding year and we would not win many games in conference. I was hoping we had enough to win most of the OOC games though. Slow start with that obviously

I'm with oldtimer and will add let the season play out before telling everyone it's over.
I'm not doom and gloom. I won't be on the board if that is all I read.

I did think that the announcers on the Rutgers broadcast did make it sound like this is a rebuilding year, and success will depend entirely on how quickly the players develop.

I did think that the announcers on the Rutgers broadcast did make it sound like this is a rebuilding year, and success will depend entirely on how quickly the players develop.
Reality not gloom and doom it's been talked about on here for awhile. Recruiting has not been what it's been in the past and many times we have all talked about the team needing to upgrade the offense. It is what it is right now and yes next year should be much better than this year. I read earlier in this thread someone was hoping to be at least .500 we all knew this year would be tough losing players of the caliber we have the last 3
Years and the core of the team at that is always a tough way to go. Seeing all the transfers in shows you she knows she doesn't have the all the players she needs to succeed.

Pointing out flaws but also showing optimism in posts shouldn't be considered a doom and gloom message in my opinion.
But constant complaining claiming no hope is what I consider a doom and gloomer
and those are the type of posters that make reading boards a bit harder than telling it like it is but also expressing some hope in how RUWBB will do in future

the lack of threads here pretty much indicates the level of interest the program has right now. At least the doom and gloomers are still remotely interested

the lack of threads here pretty much indicates the level of interest the program has right now. At least the doom and gloomers are still remotely interested
They always are interested when things are looking down, but there were times last season when things were looking up and some doom and gloomers made excuses for not being around then.
Usually after a loss [roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT