ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Concept Uniforms

[eyeroll] Obviously I was exaggerating about the "R" not being there..

Oh and one problem. We are not Miami. We are Rutgers. As far as Adidas is concerned we are their fashion gineau pigs. We are not a blue blood with a timeless brand that needs to be preserved. We are school with a broke athletic program that ran to them because UA didnt want us and Nike didnt value us enough and we had no other choice. thats how they see us. We are in the NY area so they could get tons of eyeballs and feedback on all their fashion experiments.

Bu4u483IMAIFywR_t498x500.jpg
miami-redhawks-football-adidas-2013-675x380.jpg

46.0.jpg

shrug.gif
but hey you could keep your hopes up if you want

I'm not going to say that won't happen, but I know for a fact that a major part of why we went with this deal was because we wanted to be treated like a partner, not a subsidiary. Money was actually less important than that, believe it or not. So, we'll see.

for basketball I would prefer going back to the schema we had in the early 90s. White letters / numbers with a black outline on the red jersey.

keef.jpg

Reactions: MozRU
Just thought of this (not sure how it would look though). How about a large faint Block R on the uniform itself (maybe behind the numbers)..... Might look awesome. I have no graphics skills.....

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
This is an old B&W Alex Kroll photo.. colorized, sort-of

20qav5h.jpg

And for the heck of it, here;s two things I found recently.. not sure he got the 20 TDs.. but the sentiment was fine

34qp8ux.jpg

25jxt3m.jpg

Last edited:
You guys realize none of these are the uniforms, right...bunch of random fans doing their own and posting online

Last edited:
I didn't realize how awesome that knight logo is until I seen that concept.
We have been discussing using it as an alternate for certain things by putting it on top of the map of NJ.

Not a Photoshop guy or I would do a mock up myself.

Don' t care what they wear, if it helps them win. Don' t need to change unis every two years. When was the last time Penn State changed theirs ?

As most know my big thing has always been the need/want of a block number font and let you guys argue about the rest.

But after seeing the new away uniform I gotta say way too bland.

Reactions: Leonard23
Adidas blows at uniform design, especially in football. The posters in this thread are probably more creative than they are.

Hoping Greg, being the hands on detailed perfectionist that he is, makes them give us the look that he wants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT