ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers extends football stadium naming rights deal with SHI per NJ.com

So complaining about why not J&J or other better known companies were not " chosen" , as if we had unlimited choices, is not bitching? By the way my names not Francis. Go buy another ev.
Nope, not a single complaint. Reread the comment. It was a joke with a winking emoji at the end. Sure, I will buy another EV. I like saving the planet and hugging trees and supporting a greener future. 😜 I'll be sure to smoke your grampa-mobile put-putting along and blowing a hole in the ozone layer.😁 You seem easily triggered by others' choices.🤡
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

You may have also missed the posts where I parsed out and found that we have a pretty good deal with SHI, better than our peers at Minnesota and Maryland. But you did not see that or skipped over it because you felt the need to scream at someone.

• Angry
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
The Jersey Mike's deal gives Jersey Mike's three broad sets of rights. Good luck on calculating ROI on this deal. As a Rutgers fan, I am happy Rutgers knows what it is getting. For example, $1,155,688 in cash on March 31, 2024. From Jersey Mike's perspective, maybe they are following John Wanamaker's view or maybe not. John W, "Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half."

1) Signage rights to:
- Arena roof
- Arena facades
- Potential future exterior digital signage
- Video boards
- On-court signage
- Basket pad stanchion signage
- Videoboard underbelly
- SHI stadium branding
- Rotational signage (digital boards in the building)
- Concourse signage
- Ancillary branding (Jersey Mike's logos on tickets, digital tickets, concession receipts, buttons on arena staff)
- Press conference background (Jersey Mike's logo with ban on competitor logos)

2) Sponsorship inventory rights:
- Intellectual property rights (Rutgers marks and logos)
- Official designation (official sandwich partner of Rutgers)
- Category exclusivity (Jersey Mike's can ban competitors from selling food in the arena)
- Digital branding (Jersey Mike's logo on scarletknight.com basketball websites)
- Marketing asset fund (Rutgers athletics transfers $50,000 to Jersey Mike's each year for marketing)
- Future premium seating (Jersey Mike's gets a luxury box if they get built)
- Game tickets and parking (100 tickets to home games, 20 tickets to away games, 4 tickets to B1G and NCAA tournament games)
- Various other gameday perks including courtside seats and parking passes
- Employee appreciation event (Jersey Mike's employees hang out in arena on a non-game day)
- Arena use (3 days when Jersey Mike's can use the arena as a non-course rental)
- Promotional nights (4 games when Jersey Mike's can do on-court promotions)
- Student-athlete corporate engagement (Jersey Mike's internships for Rutgers athletes, Jersey Mike's features at Rutgers career fairs)
- Radio and print (Jersey Mike's advertisements on radio, print materials including posters and programs)

3) Plaza - Rutgers transfers development rights to the plaza in front of the arena to Jersey Mike's
That's awesome work- where did you find that?

Separate thread but what does the sponsor really get?
I didn't take any marketing classes at RU but these sponsors don't move the needle for me.
What is the ROI?

I'm not going to Jerseys Mike's more and previosuly.
Or using SHI for whatever they do.

I got a flyer in the mail for the "Official Car Wash of Rutgers Athletics".
How much are they paying for that designation?
Doesnt this question apply to all stadium and arena naming rights deals?
For instance? Do you buy more Levi's becaus eof Levi's stadium.

It also applies to all advertising in general.
Do you think you have bought insurance because of a gecko? probably not.

But there are plenty of experts with statistics to show that advertising and marketing increases sales.

Reactions: NickRU714
That's awesome work- where did you find that?
Thank you. Open Public Records Act Request. I was concerned when I heard comments the deal transfers Rutgers on campus development rights to Jersey Mike's.

The university emailed me the contract. I summarized Jersey Mike's rights for the thread.

Reactions: Knight Shift
So complaining about why not J&J or other better known companies were not " chosen" , as if we had unlimited choices, is not bitching? By the way my names not Francis. Go buy another ev.
That's your take-- someone else asked aren't there other sponsors. Also you may think you're a smart ass but you're not. And I'm sure our sponsor SHI loves the infantile comments from RU " fans" like yourself.

• Haha
I’ve yet to hear a single RU fan call it SHI…as in ever 🤭… It will be Rutgers Stadium just like the RAC was always the RAC even when it was called by that other name no one ever used!

Reactions: Fat Koko
It’s funny how personal these boards get 🤭
Nothing personal. Not sure why ru66 got all cheesed off at me. I'm willing to bet that the SHI jokes fly over at the company. Yeah, the humor is a little juvenile, but maintaining a sense of humor about oneself and one's company and one's sponsors is all in good fun. Guy strikes me as an angry dude lashing out at those having an innocent laugh. Again, nobody demeaned the company. In fact, I pointed out that they are a great company with a lot of RU alums. Did someone wonder if we could get J&J as a sponsor- yes, but in the same post that person said he was happy SHI bought the naming rights. If the guy wants to go through his whole life looking to pick fights, that's on him. The EV comment was weird. We already have a garage of 15 EVs, and no room for any more.

Maybe this link is outdated, but is the only other B1G stadiums that have a corporate name are Minnesota and Maryland?

And Minnesota's deal is less lucrative that Rutgers' deal, which operates on a shorter term, which is smart. Minnesota's deal began in 2005 and runs until 2030 for $35 million.

Maryland's deal is less lucrative.

And remember, Rutgers also has the stadium club naming right deal with Provident Bank. A very provident move.

Definitely seems B1G FB stadiums do not generally sell naming rights.

Certainly deals have become more lucrative recently, especially with short term deals. Some numbers from other programs:

B12 Houston signs 20MM deal for 12 years with TDECU

ACC Louisville signs 41.3MM deal for 20 years with L&N FCU

B12 UCF signs 19.5MM deal for 10 years with FBC Mortgage

AAC Memphis signs 6.8MM deal for 10 years with Simmons Bank

B1G UDub signs 41MM deal for 10 years with Alaska Airlines

Definitely seems B1G FB stadiums do not generally sell naming rights.

Certainly deals have become more lucrative recently, especially with short term deals. Some numbers from other programs:

B12 Houston signs 20MM deal for 12 years with TDECU

ACC Louisville signs 41.3MM deal for 20 years with L&N FCU

B12 UCF signs 19.5MM deal for 10 years with FBC Mortgage

AAC Memphis signs 6.8MM deal for 10 years with Simmons Bank

B1G UDub signs 41MM deal for 10 years with Alaska Airlines
That's a sweet deal for UW! $4.1MM per year! Same for Louisville at over $2M/year. But the RU deal at an average of $1.87MM per year is pretty sweet. Looks like I may have been off on the U Minnesota deal, which seems to be at $2.5M per year.

That's a sweet deal for UW! $4.1MM per year! Same for Louisville at over $2M/year. But the RU deal at an average of $1.87MM per year is pretty sweet. Looks like I may have been off on the U Minnesota deal, which seems to be at $2.5M per year.

Husky Stadium at UW has spectacular visibility from the highway connecting Seattle to its wealthy, multinational company dominated suburbs of Redmond and Bellevue.

Different drive past Husky Stadium compared to Rutgers football stadium on River Road.

Husky Stadium doesn't have the volume of eyeball driving by as MetLife, or two football teams playing there, or the Eras tour, or 8 World Cup games including the final. That is why MetLife paid $400 million for 25 years of naming rights, or $16 million per year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT