ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Faculty Union Announces Opposition To NJ Bill That Will Protect From Antisemitism

Oh this is absolutely rich.

Brandeis is not only a PRIVATE university, but it's also a historically Jewish one.

Even for a right wing argument on this board, it's HILARIOUSLY bad.

1) Brandeis doesn't have the same 1A obligations, obviously. By this token, does Liberty U have to invite atheist speakers? Does Notre Dame have to invite those who speak out against the Catholic church? No one would argue seriously they did.

2) Rescinding an invitation is not a 1A violation, even if it were at public U. No one has a Constitutional right to be invited to anything. See also when Condi was too afraid to speak at RU, among others.

3) Brandeis is a Jewish school historically, and something like half of the student body is Jewish. The argument that it is working to promote antisemitism or radical Islam is hilariously pathetic. In fact, it passed rules to crack down on antisemitism post 10/7 that might not pass 1A muster at a public school.

4) Your OWN LINK says she has worked at the Hoover Institute at Stanford!

Students protested Condi speaking here. Was that about Israel too? Ah yes, it was about Iraq. Meaning, yes, in fact, students have protested the needless killing of innocent people, Muslim and otherwise, for ages, without being accused of anti-Semitism.

Not to mention- OH THE IRONY somehow gets even more palpable- that Hirsi Ali is mostly protested for being a liar, starting with oh yes *her application to be a refugee*. LOL.

She wasn't silenced, she's speaking at colleges, her 1A wasn't violated, it had nothing to do with Judaism or Israel...my god what a poor example of anything but boundless rightie hypocrisy.

It's a great example. She is against forced child marriage and female genital mutilation so she was called Islamophobic and not allowed to speak. They're not protesting her for being a liar, they protest her for telling the truth about how Islam is practiced in Muslim majority countries.

Is anyone who is pro-Israel speaking on college campuses?

I'm not arguing that it's a 1A violation. I'm just saying that when it comes to Israel, after October 7th, there is not a free exchange of ideas on college campuses.

Yes, it has a large Jewish population, but only 37% of students.

Has Ali been able to speak at Stanford since October 7th?

AIPAC funds those promoting it. The expression "put your money where your mouth is" exists for a reason. They put their funds behind those promoting antisemitism.

AIPAC is concerned (on paper) with Israel. It's not at all concerned with America, which, despite the protestations of the far right, includes American Jews.

This may surprise you, and I know it surprises the far right and AIPAC, but American Jews are like most Americans in that America concerns them more than foreign countries. And, unsurprisingly, terrorist attacks on American synagogues, Charlottesville and Jan 6 concern them more than Israel. Stunning, I know.

AIPAC's goal is to perpetuate the far right government of Israel. Thus, it supports American pols who look the other way when the far right Israeli gov funds Hamas, ignores human rights of Jews and Muslims (and Christians and others), tries to abolish its Supreme Court, etc and when those same pols promote anti-Semitism against Americans, be they the second Gentleman, the governor of PA or innocent Jewish Americans wishing to pray in a synagogue without being gunned down by a terrorist ginned up by pols telling him Jews are out to replace him.

This is why American Jews by and large don't support the same pols AIPAC does. AIPAC is not interested in the safety of American Jews.

And AIPAC really isn't interested in the safety of Israelis, given they back unconditionally a government who had every indication 10/7 was coming, who did absolutely nothing to prevent it and rather stoked the fires by funding Hamas.

AIPAC isn't concerned with the safety of Israelis? Every time I think you're making some progress, you regress back into some racist rant filled with conspiracy theories.

The government did not see 10/7 coming. You think Israel wanted Jews to die on purpose? do you hear yourself?

Rutgers University Writing Program Assistant Teaching Professor Tracy Budd.
Teaching the American way. Just like Rutgers protects those with Ideology RU agrees with.

It's a great example. She is against forced child marriage and female genital mutilation so she was called Islamophobic and not allowed to speak. They're not protesting her for being a liar, they protest her for telling the truth about how Islam is practiced in Muslim majority countries.

Is anyone who is pro-Israel speaking on college campuses?

I'm not arguing that it's a 1A violation. I'm just saying that when it comes to Israel, after October 7th, there is not a free exchange of ideas on college campuses.

Yes, it has a large Jewish population, but only 37% of students.

Has Ali been able to speak at Stanford since October 7th?

She not only is *allowed* she's fricking EMPLOYED by the university you're claiming she's being censored by.

People protest her because she got Dutch citizenship via lying about her refugee status- which is why she is now in the US.

10/7 and genital mutilation are not the same topics. Though your conflation puts them in an Islamophobic bow. That's really the issue here, right? Hirsi Ali isn't sticking up for Jews. She has allied herself with openly antisemitic types. What she does is typecast all Muslims, which is the speech you want protected. People are on every campus including at RU supporting Israel without engaging in Islamophobic tropes.

Brandeis is *only* 37% Jewish?! Jewish Americans make up something like 2% of the population. What % is needed for the allegations to becomes even more hilariously farcical than they already are? 100%? Oh right, as we have seen on this board, it is OK to even say proudly Jewish Americans, be they members of a political party you don't like, or a Hassidic sect, or think Israel isn't beyond criticism in some way- become "antisemitic". Sad because it's a deeply important term but claiming that it has to do with a non-Jewish "Christian" who defrauded the Dutch gov and gets to rant and rave as she pleases in this country reduces it to frivolity.

AIPAC isn't concerned with the safety of Israelis? Every time I think you're making some progress, you regress back into some racist rant filled with conspiracy theories.

The government did not see 10/7 coming. You think Israel wanted Jews to die on purpose? do you hear yourself?

Again...from an Israeli media source...which you'll probably claim is antisemitic....

Not to mention 70-80% of Israelis polled believes the government is responsible for security lapses.

Why do you think AIPAC and the Israeli gov are above criticism?

AIPAC funds antisemitic pols here and the gov that at best was grossly negligent there as per its own citizenry. Yet, we are to believe that any criticism of either is the real antisemitism. I think the question is do you hear yourself?

Now you're claiming (again) that the Israeli media is full of antisemitic conspiracy theories. If there's a fact you don't like, your response is the same: it's antisemitic- even though I've cited almost only Israeli media. You then don't provide any countersource.

And then for the cherry on top- when I show you a quote of an AIPAC funded pol saying something extremely antisemitic, you dismiss it because they somehow care about Israel. Forgetting how ridiculous that is, you live in AMERICA, how about what is going on in THIS country? Someone funding those promoting theories that lead to attacks on American synagogues, supermarkets, WalMart, etc should be priority number one for all of us. And I say this as someone with European citizenship, not an American who just likes reading right wing social media and digesting it without criticism.

She not only is *allowed* she's fricking EMPLOYED by the university you're claiming she's being censored by.

People protest her because she got Dutch citizenship via lying about her refugee status- which is why she is now in the US.

10/7 and genital mutilation are not the same topics. Though your conflation puts them in an Islamophobic bow. That's really the issue here, right? Hirsi Ali isn't sticking up for Jews. She has allied herself with openly antisemitic types. What she does is typecast all Muslims, which is the speech you want protected. People are on every campus including at RU supporting Israel without engaging in Islamophobic tropes.

Brandeis is *only* 37% Jewish?! Jewish Americans make up something like 2% of the population. What % is needed for the allegations to becomes even more hilariously farcical than they already are? 100%? Oh right, as we have seen on this board, it is OK to even say proudly Jewish Americans, be they members of a political party you don't like, or a Hassidic sect, or think Israel isn't beyond criticism in some way- become "antisemitic". Sad because it's a deeply important term but claiming that it has to do with a non-Jewish "Christian" who defrauded the Dutch gov and gets to rant and rave as she pleases in this country reduces it to frivolity.

She may be allowed to speak. Sure, anyone is allowed. Will it happen? No. There's no violation of free speech, but free speech isn't happening.

Hirsi Ali did whatever she could to escape oppression. She has death threats constantly coming at her and she fears for her life. You think because she lied in order to escape makes all her opinions invalid? That makes no sense at all.

10/7 and the oppression of women have everything to do with each other. It's very simple. Hamas wants everyone to live under Sharia law. Hamas is responsible for 10/7. If Hamas had achieved their goal, all the Jews in Israel would be dead and all the Arabs would be living under Sharia law. Just because I believe in equal rights for women, doesn't make me Islamophobic.

Again...from an Israeli media source...which you'll probably claim is antisemitic....

Not to mention 70-80% of Israelis polled believes the government is responsible for security lapses.

Why do you think AIPAC and the Israeli gov are above criticism?

AIPAC funds antisemitic pols here and the gov that at best was grossly negligent there as per its own citizenry. Yet, we are to believe that any criticism of either is the real antisemitism. I think the question is do you hear yourself?

Now you're claiming (again) that the Israeli media is full of antisemitic conspiracy theories. If there's a fact you don't like, your response is the same: it's antisemitic- even though I've cited almost only Israeli media. You then don't provide any countersource.

And then for the cherry on top- when I show you a quote of an AIPAC funded pol saying something extremely antisemitic, you dismiss it because they somehow care about Israel. Forgetting how ridiculous that is, you live in AMERICA, how about what is going on in THIS country? Someone funding those promoting theories that lead to attacks on American synagogues, supermarkets, WalMart, etc should be priority number one for all of us. And I say this as someone with European citizenship, not an American who just likes reading right wing social media and digesting it without criticism.

Biden funded Israel and Harris pledges to do the same. I'm sure you don't agree with them, but you're still going to vote for Harris, aren't you?

By supporting the pro-Hamas protesters, you're encouraging far more violence than you think any American politician is.

She may be allowed to speak. Sure, anyone is allowed. Will it happen? No. There's no violation of free speech, but free speech isn't happening.

Hirsi Ali did whatever she could to escape oppression. She has death threats constantly coming at her and she fears for her life. You think because she lied in order to escape makes all her opinions invalid? That makes no sense at all.

10/7 and the oppression of women have everything to do with each other. It's very simple. Hamas wants everyone to live under Sharia law. Hamas is responsible for 10/7. If Hamas had achieved their goal, all the Jews in Israel would be dead and all the Arabs would be living under Sharia law. Just because I believe in equal rights for women, doesn't make me Islamophobic.

Where is the proof she isn't speaking freely? Why doesn't she leave Stanford and go to a school that claims to love Israel? There are plenty.

Just to clarify- if say, someone comes from Venezuela "to escape oppression, constant death threats and fears for their life"- but lies on their asylum application here in the US- you still think they can become a citizen?

In Israel, right now, do women have equal rights?

Ah right, they don't. For example, Israeli women don't have the same divorce rights. If the husband refuses, the woman gets no divorce.

Certain towns in Israel also enforce a dress code for women, including throwing stones at women who dress "immodestly."

Opposing Sharia law doesn't make you Islamophobic.

Opposing Sharia law while insisting Israel is a democracy that doesn't treat women unfairly makes you deeply Islamophobic.

Where is the proof she isn't speaking freely? Why doesn't she leave Stanford and go to a school that claims to love Israel? There are plenty.

Just to clarify- if say, someone comes from Venezuela "to escape oppression, constant death threats and fears for their life"- but lies on their asylum application here in the US- you still think they can become a citizen?

In Israel, right now, do women have equal rights?

Ah right, they don't. For example, Israeli women don't have the same divorce rights. If the husband refuses, the woman gets no divorce.

Certain towns in Israel also enforce a dress code for women, including throwing stones at women who dress "immodestly."

Opposing Sharia law doesn't make you Islamophobic.

Opposing Sharia law while insisting Israel is a democracy that doesn't treat women unfairly makes you deeply Islamophobic.

That's really laughable. You're going to compare an Israeli divorce to female genital mutilation, forced child marriage, no leaving the house without a man's permission, stoning women who get raped, and total subjugation of women?

Sharia law is evil. Israel isn't perfect, but it it's a democracy.

That's really laughable. You're going to compare an Israeli divorce to female genital mutilation, forced child marriage, no leaving the house without a man's permission, stoning women who get raped, and total subjugation of women?

Sharia law is evil. Israel isn't perfect, but it it's a democracy.

So it's democratic that women can't divorce but men can?

Please list for me all the other democratic countries with such a policy.

And finally, do you realize the definition of democracy involves equal political rights? Democratic countries compare to one another.

You know you're simping for a non-democratic country when your comparison is to ISIS an not to Denmark, BTW.

So it's democratic that women can't divorce but men can?

Please list for me all the other democratic countries with such a policy.

And finally, do you realize the definition of democracy involves equal political rights? Democratic countries compare to one another.

You know you're simping for a non-democratic country when your comparison is to ISIS an not to Denmark, BTW.

Israel is a democracy and you can do whatever you please. You don't even have to married if you don't want to. I never mentioned ISIS. I'm talking about Hamas, the enemy that Israel is fighting right now. If Israel was to lay down their arms like the whole world wants them to, Hamas would take over. All the Jews in Israel would be killed and all the Arabs in Israel would be forced to live under Sharia law.

Israel is a democracy and you can do whatever you please. You don't even have to married if you don't want to. I never mentioned ISIS. I'm talking about Hamas, the enemy that Israel is fighting right now. If Israel was to lay down their arms like the whole world wants them to, Hamas would take over. All the Jews in Israel would be killed and all the Arabs in Israel would be forced to live under Sharia law.

OK, so can you name for me one other democracy where women need a man's permission to divorce? Sounds like Sharia law to me.

I am unaware of the countries that mandate marriage. Can you list them?

No one wants Israel to not fight Hamas. They want them to fight Hamas, and not aid workers, children, or their own hostages. It is actually very simple. Israel's indicted leader needs this war to avoid his time in the dock and to prevent an election. If he agrees to peace, his cabinet members that call for Gaza to be eradicated and settled will pull out of the coalition, elections will be called, a moderate government will end the war and Netanyahu will face trial for his financial corruption before we get to the fact that an Israeli independent commission will undoubtedly hold him entirely culpable for the mass security failures he allowed along with his Hamas funding. That's why Gazan children and Israeli hostages are dying, and it's an absolute disgrace.

OK, so can you name for me one other democracy where women need a man's permission to divorce? Sounds like Sharia law to me.

I am unaware of the countries that mandate marriage. Can you list them?

No one wants Israel to not fight Hamas. They want them to fight Hamas, and not aid workers, children, or their own hostages. It is actually very simple. Israel's indicted leader needs this war to avoid his time in the dock and to prevent an election. If he agrees to peace, his cabinet members that call for Gaza to be eradicated and settled will pull out of the coalition, elections will be called, a moderate government will end the war and Netanyahu will face trial for his financial corruption before we get to the fact that an Israeli independent commission will undoubtedly hold him entirely culpable for the mass security failures he allowed along with his Hamas funding. That's why Gazan children and Israeli hostages are dying, and it's an absolute disgrace.

Whataboutism. The divorce law isn't perfect, so Hamas can kill all the Jews they want.

The law just changed. Israel has made a significant amendment to its divorce law. When the Knesset voted to enact the amendment last month, Prof. Ruth Halperin-Kaddari, Director of Bar-Ilan University's Rackman Center for the Advancement of the Status of Women -- who played a leading role in the promulgation of the amendment -- said that, “The Knesset has taken a major step forward in promoting women's status in Israel today. This is a day of celebration for women in Israel, for the advancement of gender equality and for the advancement of human rights in Israel.”

https://www.international-divorce.com/divorce-law-israel.htm

I don't think there are countries where every woman is forced into marriage, but Hamas forces little girls to get married. In Iran - Forced marriage remains common for girls in Iran and is also one of the major reasons for self-immolation in Iran. In 2021, UNICEF reported high rates of forced marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_marriage

While the death of civilians is tragic. Civilians are not being targeted. Mistakes are made sometimes, but Israel is only going after Hamas. The thousands and thousands of rockets that Hamas has sent into Iran are targeting civilians.

There you go again with your conspiracies. What is happening is very simple. Hamas wants Jews dead. They will achieve it any way possible leaving no choice for the Jews other than to defend itself.

Whataboutism. The divorce law isn't perfect, so Hamas can kill all the Jews they want.

The law just changed. Israel has made a significant amendment to its divorce law. When the Knesset voted to enact the amendment last month, Prof. Ruth Halperin-Kaddari, Director of Bar-Ilan University's Rackman Center for the Advancement of the Status of Women -- who played a leading role in the promulgation of the amendment -- said that, “The Knesset has taken a major step forward in promoting women's status in Israel today. This is a day of celebration for women in Israel, for the advancement of gender equality and for the advancement of human rights in Israel.”

https://www.international-divorce.com/divorce-law-israel.htm

I don't think there are countries where every woman is forced into marriage, but Hamas forces little girls to get married. In Iran - Forced marriage remains common for girls in Iran and is also one of the major reasons for self-immolation in Iran. In 2021, UNICEF reported high rates of forced marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_marriage

While the death of civilians is tragic. Civilians are not being targeted. Mistakes are made sometimes, but Israel is only going after Hamas. The thousands and thousands of rockets that Hamas has sent into Iran are targeting civilians.

There you go again with your conspiracies. What is happening is very simple. Hamas wants Jews dead. They will achieve it any way possible leaving no choice for the Jews other than to defend itself.

Questioning your (plainly false) contentions about Israel's "democracy" isn't whataboutism. In Israel, women are still denied divorces and marriage is controlled by the Rabbinate to the point that people in straight and Jewish marriages have to go to Cyprus and get married, forgetting people who dare to be otherwise in the perfect democracy known as Israel.

And yes, Islamic countries have discrimination. We have it in the US in pockets too. But why is it that Israel is always comparing itself to Hamas if it's a democracy? Where does Israel match the democracies of Western Europe if it's such a democracy?

Is Israeli media, who is reporting everything I say verbatim, in on the conspiracy?

So far, Israel has

* bombed a church
* killed its own hostages
* killed aid workers incluing an American
* this week killed an American citizen in the West Bank who was protesting with Jewish Israelis

Without even mentioning any Muslim Palestinians as we know the value you place on them, that's an awful lot of mistakes, isn't it?

How does killing an American woman in the West Bank go after Hamas?

Questioning your (plainly false) contentions about Israel's "democracy" isn't whataboutism. In Israel, women are still denied divorces and marriage is controlled by the Rabbinate to the point that people in straight and Jewish marriages have to go to Cyprus and get married, forgetting people who dare to be otherwise in the perfect democracy known as Israel.

And yes, Islamic countries have discrimination. We have it in the US in pockets too. But why is it that Israel is always comparing itself to Hamas if it's a democracy? Where does Israel match the democracies of Western Europe if it's such a democracy?

Is Israeli media, who is reporting everything I say verbatim, in on the conspiracy?

So far, Israel has

* bombed a church
* killed its own hostages
* killed aid workers incluing an American
* this week killed an American citizen in the West Bank who was protesting with Jewish Israelis

Without even mentioning any Muslim Palestinians as we know the value you place on them, that's an awful lot of mistakes, isn't it?

How does killing an American woman in the West Bank go after Hamas?

In a democracy like Israel, there is a mechanism in place to improve the laws, just like there is here in America. I posted the link with the article that shows how the marriage law is changing. Israel is very much like the US, Europe, Australia, Japan, and Canada. Israelis can protest and work to improve things. They can even protest the prime minister all without fear of being executed.

The fact that Israel accidentally killed its own hostages shows that many mistakes are made during war, but the war was started by Hamas. They are the ones to blame and that's where you should direct your outrage. Israel has always been open for negotiations.

I don't know all the facts about the killing in the West Bank, but in the past, almost all the violence is first started by Arabs. Israel defends itself, and the headlines show only the violence by Israel without any context.

In a democracy like Israel, there is a mechanism in place to improve the laws, just like there is here in America. I posted the link with the article that shows how the marriage law is changing. Israel is very much like the US, Europe, Australia, Japan, and Canada. Israelis can protest and work to improve things. They can even protest the prime minister all without fear of being executed.

The fact that Israel accidentally killed its own hostages shows that many mistakes are made during war, but the war was started by Hamas. They are the ones to blame and that's where you should direct your outrage. Israel has always been open for negotiations.

I don't know all the facts about the killing in the West Bank, but in the past, almost all the violence is first started by Arabs. Israel defends itself, and the headlines show only the violence by Israel without any context.

The marriage law though did not allow women to get a divorce without their husband's permission. Again, what other Western countries allow that? Second of all, protesters in Israel have been arrested- including hostage families!

So I understand this correctly, the party who responds to a war is permitted to make unlimited mistakes without scrutiny? So for example if Ukraine dropped a bomb on a school, everyone should look past it?

Again- you have a big issue with stereotyping and ignoring reality. I shared a link to settlers attacking a village, setting in on fire and murdering a resident. There's multiple unfortunately. That's lie number 1 (in this post- you lie a lot). How are settlers marching into a village at night and setting homes on fire without the iDF even present engaged in self defense?

Second lie, is "started by Arabs." Why must you be so bigoted? The school shooting in Georgia last week was done by a white student and killed a black one. Should the shooting be "started by whites"? Are all white people responsible for his acts? You'd say no, but yet are willing to hold hundreds of millions of people, including children and elderly, as culpable. It's absolutely obscene an disgusting. When a settler murders someone, anyone blaming all Jews is antisemitic. Same applies to blaming all Arabs as you do, sickeningly.

The marriage law though did not allow women to get a divorce without their husband's permission. Again, what other Western countries allow that? Second of all, protesters in Israel have been arrested- including hostage families!

So I understand this correctly, the party who responds to a war is permitted to make unlimited mistakes without scrutiny? So for example if Ukraine dropped a bomb on a school, everyone should look past it?

Again- you have a big issue with stereotyping and ignoring reality. I shared a link to settlers attacking a village, setting in on fire and murdering a resident. There's multiple unfortunately. That's lie number 1 (in this post- you lie a lot). How are settlers marching into a village at night and setting homes on fire without the iDF even present engaged in self defense?

Second lie, is "started by Arabs." Why must you be so bigoted? The school shooting in Georgia last week was done by a white student and killed a black one. Should the shooting be "started by whites"? Are all white people responsible for his acts? You'd say no, but yet are willing to hold hundreds of millions of people, including children and elderly, as culpable. It's absolutely obscene an disgusting. When a settler murders someone, anyone blaming all Jews is antisemitic. Same applies to blaming all Arabs as you do, sickeningly.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with this marriage law. It's so insignificant compared to the atrocities carried out by Hamas. If what you're saying is true, I agree with you. It's not fair to women. I didn't know about it, so I googled it and it turns out they are in the process of changing the law. That's what happens in a democracy.

I never said anyone is permitted to make unlimited mistakes. What I think is important is the intent. Israel does not intend to hurt any civilians. Hamas intends to kill all Jews.

Let's be clear, Hamas started this war. Do you really think that I blame all Arabs for this? Now, Jews have been massacred for being Jewish in Israel going all the way back to 1921. Who should I say they were massacred by? Maybe I'm describing this wrong, but I assure you that I'm not bigoted. I know that all Arabs are not bad and all Arabs are not to blame for the Hamas attack.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with this marriage law. It's so insignificant compared to the atrocities carried out by Hamas. If what you're saying is true, I agree with you. It's not fair to women. I didn't know about it, so I googled it and it turns out they are in the process of changing the law. That's what happens in a democracy.

I never said anyone is permitted to make unlimited mistakes. What I think is important is the intent. Israel does not intend to hurt any civilians. Hamas intends to kill all Jews.

Let's be clear, Hamas started this war. Do you really think that I blame all Arabs for this? Now, Jews have been massacred for being Jewish in Israel going all the way back to 1921. Who should I say they were massacred by? Maybe I'm describing this wrong, but I assure you that I'm not bigoted. I know that all Arabs are not bad and all Arabs are not to blame for the Hamas attack.

Does Hamas excuse the bad behavior of everyone else on the planet? You want to complain (falsely) that China and other countries are not protested, but when shown Israel's bad behavior, it's right back to Hamas...

How many mistakes does one get to make before their intent is questioned?

You keep saying Arabs. Not all Arabs are Hamas. Say Hamas if you mean Hamas. By saying Arabs, you're showing a very different intent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT