ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers falls to Maryland in round one of B1G Tournament

Rutgers/Maryland games this year are like Haley's Comet. It isn't often that you see two elite defenses against two horrible offenses. Call me weird, but that makes it interesting to me...

I posted in the prediction thread, but speculation out of College Park is that Reese isn't injured at all, he's sitting out and then hitting the portal.

Half of me hates what's going on, the other half is happy that the game becomes way more winnable. Guess we'll see. I'm sure because I posted this he'll play and have a double double.

I made up a crude name for this matchup, in the vein of "The thrilla' in Manila," but I can't bring myself to post it...

I posted in the prediction thread, but speculation out of College Park is that Reese isn't injured at all, he's sitting out and then hitting the portal.

Half of me hates what's going on, the other half is happy that the game becomes way more winnable. Guess we'll see. I'm sure because I posted this he'll play and have a double double.
When UMD was playing PSU on Sunday, the announcers said they were sitting Reese against PSU because he had a minor injury and Willard wanted him to be fully healthy for a Big 10 Tournament run. I guess we'll find out tonight which is correct.

If Reese is out, that would be huge

Think Cliff has a monster game after a disappointing senior night

Just landed in Minneapolis. Some (at least 5) RU fans on my plane from Newark as well … so exciting, if you’ve never been to a Big Ten Tournament, it’s really worth it in any city. Whole city taken over by Big Ten fans, there’s nothing like it! Already got some “go RU”’s from some Gophers and Hawkeyes at the airport

Don't shock the world!

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: gigantor1024
Just landed in Minneapolis. Some (at least 5) RU fans on my plane from Newark as well … so exciting, if you’ve never been to a Big Ten Tournament, it’s really worth it in any city. Whole city taken over by Big Ten fans, there’s nothing like it! Already got some “go RU”’s from some Gophers and Hawkeyes at the airport

Was in Chicago last year. It’s an awesome experience. Lots of good camaraderie with die hards from other schools. If we looked like we cared the last couple of weeks, I’d have joined you. Have a blast!

Awesome! I was considering going before we fell off down the stretch. I want to go next year but it'll be hard to make both B1G and NCAA tournaments

Reactions: ScarletDave
Awesome! I was considering going before we fell off down the stretch. I want to go next year but it'll be hard to make both B1G and NCAA tournaments
Do we know yet where the Big Ten tournament is next year?

let’s go out this season with pride and toughness guys!

Interesting and potentially telling starting lineup:
Jwill
Jmike
Gavin
Oskar
Cliff
All players who could potentially return

Reactions: Scangg
Maryland starts game with two 3 pointers while Rutgers shoots bricks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT