ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Maryland 63-46

Really makes you wonder about the locker room.
If Cliff and Hyatt are leading this locker room it speaks volumes.
Maybe Cam and Paul had concerns with who Pike was allowing to play important leadership rolls.
Truly, the wheels are off, the question is why?
Hopefully someone has the courage to question everything and change what needs to be changed in a hurry.
Something far beyond what we are seeing on the court is going on.
This program has cancer, whatever it is it needs to be removed.
This team is not sharing the game!

Last edited:
Maybe Cam and Paul had concerns with who Pike was allowing to lay important leadership rolls.
Hopefully someone has the courage to question everything and change what needs to be changed in a hurry.
Lmao

Not really. MBB brought in $3.7 million in ticket revenue last year. That is roughly Pike's annual compensation.
You do realize an empty RAC cost a lot more than ticket sales.
I also said the beginning of the end he would never recover, may take a year or two to show him the door, but if next year is a failure he is on his way out. Maybe slowly and painfully for fans but it would ultimately be over for him.

Maybe Cam and Paul had concerns with who Pike was allowing to lay important leadership rolls.
You’re overreacting…….it’s way more simple. We have one of the worst offenses in the nation. Yes people are going to jump in and say it’s our offensive system/scheme….and yes that’s a factor…..but the most important factor is we simply don’t have players that can consistently score. On nights when we get a little hot, we obviously look like an entirely different team. Its our players lack of offensive ability. Watch how different things look next year. It’s a simple formula…..inconsistent offense, inconsistent results.

Rutgers is now 4-7 in their last 11 B1G home games, with six double-digit losses. Nothing like that under Waters. Hell, I'm not even sure Hill can claim that second part
But what about the RAC home court adanatagw being at risk if premium seats and more money is added?

Thanks, maybe you could get a job as a copy analyst. Hurry up A.I. is about to eliminate one of your life skills.
Lmao

You’re overreacting to this loss this is a bad team don’t let if impact you’re mental wellbeing

There is no other garbage going on. The players are all streaky shooters, if 4 guys show up we win, 2-3 we play close games, but, in 30 games there mathematically will be a few where 0 can shoot. Today is one.

And, Pike’s weaknesses showed up today, substitution patterns, inability to work the refs, can’t call a timeout and draw up a play for a Cliff dunk to atop the bleeding in 15 minutes of a 40 min game

With no true scorer on the roster and no consistent 3 point shooter this season is turning out about as expected. A transition year where guys like Simpson and Gavin gain experience and hopwfully learn from their mistakes. The cavalry is coming next year. Just have to hope Dylan and ace are as good as advertised and can produce a quick turnaround from a down year.

With no true scorer on the roster and no consistent 3 point shooter this season is turning out about as expected. A transition year where guys like Simpson and Gavin gain experience and hopwfully learn from their mistakes. The cavalry is coming next year. Just have to hope Dylan and ace are as good as advertised and can produce a quick turnaround from a down year.
I looked up the big 10 freshman of the year fir the last 3 years. 14 points per game.
If Dylan and Ace are both that good, that is 28 points per game. Who is scoring the rest of the points? Who is our starter at the 5?
I think a lot of people are expecting a bit too much from freshman next year.

"Tampering" with players in the portal is no longer a thing. With the federal court ruling on Thursday, NIL collectives can now directly contact and negotiate deals with players in the portal and even players still in high school.

With that said, I'm pretty sure that RU's NIL can't afford Hunter Dickinson.
Agree, we csnt
Which sucks
Still should be able to get B1G level players

I looked up the big 10 freshman of the year fir the last 3 years. 14 points per game.
If Dylan and Ace are both that good, that is 28 points per game. Who is scoring the rest of the points? Who is our starter at the 5?
I think a lot of people are expecting a bit too much from freshman next year.
It's a fair point. I think if these guys are one and done types they will be better than a 14ppg avg. Simpson and Gavin will have to improve and score consistent points. My guess is the 5 will probably be a portal guy.

Reactions: socaldave
You do realize an empty RAC cost a lot more than ticket sales.
I also said the beginning of the end he would never recover, may take a year or two to show him the door, but if next year is a failure he is on his way out. Maybe slowly and painfully for fans but it would ultimately be over for him.
If Hobbs wants to fire Pike after next season, Rutgers owes Pike $19,750,000. Where is Hobbs going to get that money?

Well if these 2 are 14ppg it will be another long year.
That is my point. We need to make some significant (older guy) additions to this team through the portal, or next year is not any different from this year. You can't rely on freshman to change your team.
I hope everyone is donating to an NIL fund!

Reactions: darkcheck
Bailey,Harper and J.Williams will be starters.The center and a forward positions need replacement players from the transfer portal.Pikiell and staff need to talk with players on current roster regarding return for next season.There are too many players that are woeful shooters.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
People seem a fully confident that JWilliams is staying. He doesn’t seem to stay anywhere very long and he will definitely be a wanted player.

Interesting watching this low IQ basketball
Basketball team, when we lost Cam and Paul all the bball IQ left this program.
Pike leaning on Athletes who can’t play fundamental basketball
Tough to watch.
Dylan and Ace are basketball players, with bball IQ. Hopefully we have enough guys around them who are Bball players. I don’t care how “SLOW” they are!

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Rutgers is now 4-7 in their last 11 B1G home games, with six double-digit losses. Nothing like that under Waters. Hell, I'm not even sure Hill can claim that second part

Very hard for Waters/Hill to win B1G home games... I kid, I kid.

Under FHJ
In 2008-09, we went 2-7 with 3 double-digit losses
In 2007-08, we went 1-8 with 4 double-digit losses
In 2006-07, we went 2-6 with 4 double-digit losses

So, across his first 3 seasons, we were 5-21 in home conference games with 11 double-digit losses.

Worst we managed under Waters was in 2004-05, when we went 3-5 with 3 double-digit losses.

At least RU baseball is up 5-0 and might start 6-0, and both lacrosse teams won.
Nope … baseball blew a 5-0 lead and lost 9-5 to drop to 5-1. They need to win all winnable games because 44-15 and 2nd in conference season and tourney doesn’t cut it.

Interesting watching this low IQ basketball
Basketball team, when we lost Cam and Paul all the bball IQ left this program.
Pike leaning on Athletes who can’t play fundamental basketball
Tough to watch.
Dylan and Ace are basketball players, with bball IQ. Hopefully we have enough guys around them who are Bball players. I don’t care how “SLOW” they are!
Yes.. Pike looks lost this season.. way over his head.
If we can’t turn it around big time next with the 3 studs coming in it’s time for a change.

Reactions: socaldave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT