ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rutgers Football lands Minnesota QB Athan Kaliakmanis and WR Dino Kaliakmanis

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Last edited:
Shelby could not have been more wrong, and he is very happy to have to admit that. Now let's see a real QB competition. Shelby is skeptical.

Credit to vkj for the 'silent verbal' prognostication. Shelby doesn't see a reason for the secrecy, but it doesn't matter anymore

oh boy dunk GIF

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
How much eligibility do they have?
Athan 3 years
Dino the same
edit: 2 years not 3 for both ,was pointed out in a reply to this.
Also agree with this being a package deal
Athan will provide competition for Wimsatt.
Dino might be special teams, he doesn't seem to have any stats as a Gopher WR
that I could find
Athan's stats aren't that great as Minny's 2023 starter , but better than Gavin's

Last edited:
Reactions: mikemarc1
Two thoughts

1. This had to be a package deal as I don't see Dino as an upgrade over what RU has coming back.

2. Sheppard barely mentioned. Not sure what he showed in practice last year, but he seems like the forgotten man here. Not sure there would be a big demand if he entered the portal, but I wouldn't be surprised if he took that path,

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Dumb Shelby. Best QB plays.
Simplistic. "Best" isn't a 40 time. HCs evaluate pro and con of QBs relative to their philosophy and other players. Wimsatt is a good fit for GS's philosophy (ie RB2). We will see if passing talent remains an afterthought.

Simplistic. "Best" isn't a 40 time. HCs evaluate pro and con of QBs relative to their philosophy and other players. Wimsatt is a good fit for GS's philosophy (ie RB2). We will see if passing talent remains an afterthought.
I know GS like to run but this QB was limited base on his skills. In past years, Schiano QBs has never been limited this way.They are going to present it to both QB that the best QB will play, the majority of fans know how it ends.

We will see. I don’t think this kids 53% completion rate in the B1G West is nearly the slam dunk over Wimsatt’s 49% from the B1G East that you think it is.

If Surace or Sheppard can come in and hit at 60% they will both be sitting, as they should.

Welcome to Big Time College Football. Competition makes everyone better.

We will see. I don’t think this kids 53% completion rate in the B1G West is nearly the slam dunk over Wimsatt’s 49% from the B1G East that you think it is.

If Surace or Sheppard can come in and hit at 60% they will both be sitting, as they should.

Minnesota had a 14% drop rate — second worst in country. AK’s adjusted completion percentage is actually 66%

Thank you for saying this!

Reactions: addyboy2
Shelby could not have been more wrong, and he is very happy to have to admit that. Now let's see a real QB competition. Shelby is skeptical.

Credit to vkj for the 'silent verbal' prognostication. Shelby doesn't see a reason for the secrecy, but it doesn't matter anymore
Speaking of yourself in the 3rd person is really ignorant. You know that, right? Eat crow and shut up. Thank you.

Minnesota had a 14% drop rate — second worst in country. AK’s adjusted completion percentage is actually 66%
Not sure what the consider "drop"...touch his hands, thru their hands, running before catching...I have no idea. You're assuming EVERY one of those drops (100%) are caught right?

This can only help with a heated competition, as many people pointed out with their opinions GS was waiting till after the Bowl game to avoid any distractions, from watching GS for so Many years he has become very predictable in his actions , but I think the Offensive coordinator pushed for this to happen .

Reactions: MADHAT1 and vkj91
Not sure what the consider "drop"...touch his hands, thru their hands, running before catching...I have no idea. You're assuming EVERY one of those drops (100%) are caught right?

There are college analytics out there. Whatever the definition, it is equally applied to all teams. And Minnesota has the second highest rate.

Might want to dig into the facts a bit more

AK’s receivers had a 14% drop rate which was the highest in Div 1….which skews those numbers quite a bit

May the best man win
You assume all those balls are caught. AK also played a softer schedule. Its a closer battle than people think.

Reactions: satnom

Appreciate you taking ownership. Sometimes it’s best to just sit back and pay attention to who is saying what. Or in the mods case who stopped commenting on the process. Now you should put the “real competition” stuff to bed. He is QB1 regardless of what anyone’s uncle wants to believe.

Reactions: TRU2RU and patk89
You assume all those balls are caught. AK also played a softer schedule. Its a closer battle than people think.
Huh?

His receivers dropped 14% of his passes which had a HUGE impact on his completion percentage….

How’s that an assumption?

He was recruited specifically for this offense by KC….he did not run the same offense this past year

So why did he get benched at Minnesota? They brought a FCS QB to replace him this year.
He was Kirk's guy. Played well 2 years ago under Kirk, Kirk leaves, and he didn't do as well in new system. Lucky for us, he's going back to the system he knows.

Reactions: csphi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT