ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Gets First Four - #11 Seed

They are Michigan. They naturally get a pass.

We r Rutgers. No easy path for us. Never has been and never will be.

Not looking forward to playing them. Refs will give them every chance to beat us.

Yet, I think we are very lucky to have gotten in

Agreed. That Michigan seeding is just bizarre. I would not be surprised if they get beaten handily.
Yeah, figure Indiana would've pipped them for that spot, but maybe it was to avoid 3 B1G play-in teams. RU got punished for its NET.

Appreciate that the hosts had no qualms with the First 4. Only issue was ND vs Xavier.

They are Michigan. They naturally get a pass.

We r Rutgers. No easy path for us. Never has been and never will be.

Not looking forward to playing them. Refs will give them every chance to beat us.

Yet, I think we are very lucky to have gotten in
Must suck to have a small penis complex

Syracuse 41 ncaa tournaments Rutgers 7.

wait...this guy is a 'Cuse fan?

lets think about this.....

there are literally thousands of Syracuse fans. yet you, and only you, come on a RUTGERS message board to troll right now.

you do realize that makes you quite unique.

and, believe me, not in a good way.

its a really, really, pathetic way to spend your time.

I would think ND will draw a bunch of people to Dayton.
They will. They travel very well I’ll give them that
It's less than 4 hours by car from South Bend to Dayton... Our fans will probably be heavily outnumbered.

But maybe the biggest benefit of all of this is that our fans and players may be able to get an invaluable autograph and a selfie with Peter Kiss while in Dayton. (smile)

It's less than 4 hours by car from South Bend to Dayton... Our fans will probably be heavily outnumbered.

But maybe the biggest benefit of all of this is that our fans and players may be able to get an invaluable autograph and a selfie with Peter Kiss while in Dayton. (smile)
Hahaha

As long as he does push ups in front of me im Good 😉

I get that we're "in" the tourney, but we're still a step behind everyone else being required to play an extra game. Feels hollow and like I said, a slap in the face.

Also just hate how the play-in ("first four") is set up for an 11 seed - just make it all the 16s.

Would you rather win the play in and then get a #1. As an 11 we get a #6 with a win.

Reactions: leftoright
I am so glad we made the NCAA whether it is the play in game or not. I am concerned that Notre Dame is very close to Dayton and probably will have many more fans there but I think it is a good match up for us. We must win this one before we think about Alabama. One game at a time.

Congrats guys! Nice of them to announce your region first and not make you suffer lol.

I think you smoke ND and probably beat 'Bama. Tech will be tough though.
Amazing they shipped both of us to San Diego making us stop on the way. We were in as a solid 11 without play in and Va. Tech and Richmond winning moved us to play in

Reactions: RU-05
Amazing they shipped both of us to San Diego making us stop on the way. We were in as a solid 11 without play in and Va. Tech and Richmond winning moved us to play in
But if Davidson won, where would they have slotted in? Would they not have been above us?

Also wonder if Va tech didn't earn a spot just by making it to the conf finals.

Would you rather win the play in and then get a #1. As an 11 we get a #6 with a win.

You're missing the point.
It should be teams 60-68.

Rutgers wouldn't be in the play-in if it was the 8 worst teams deciding the 16 seeds.
Rutgers was ranked 47th (I believe).

I'd like to think our fan bases would root for each other out there, but I should probably know better.

Expect a free throw disparity, ala Iowa.

Why does it matter how far South Bend is from Dayton ? Current students are there, but it’s a very small town and Indianans are more often fans of PU and IU because that where kids go. ND Alums are all over the country.

Expect a free throw disparity, ala Iowa.

ND is a good free throw shooting team but they don't have nearly the athleticism of Iowa and are 263rd in free throw rate. This is a team that plays it very safe on both sides of the ball and relies on their efficient shooting.

Why does it matter how far South Bend is from Dayton ? Current students are there, but it’s a very small town and Indianans are more often fans of PU and IU because that where kids go. ND Alums are all over the country.
Of course it matters. Don’t you think our current students would be packing into their cars after class on Wed for this game if it was a 3 hour drive vs. almost a 9 hour drive?

At least Dayton happens to be Caleb’s home town so hopefully he will draw a decent crowd from his high school.

Of course it matters. Don’t you think our current students would be packing into their cars after class on Wed for this game if it was a 3 hour drive vs. almost a 9 hour drive?

At least Dayton happens to be Caleb’s home town so hopefully he will draw a decent crowd from his high school.

students sure, but the vast majority of ND alums and other fans aren’t any closer than RU fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT