ADVERTISEMENT

Way-too-Early 2025 NCAA Bracketolgy: Rutgers a 5 seed?!

IMARUFAN

All American
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2015
A 5 seed?!

I said it before and I'll say again:

star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/s...logy-2025-march-madness-men-field-predictions

A 5 seed would be spectacular!! People don’t realize if we’re top 25 all year that means it will have been 1 of the most entertaining seasons in the past 30 years! Let’s go!
We currently have no starting PF/C and yet we’re a 5 seed. Ok.

• Haha
Reactions: cshelley
It's hard to gauge what we should be ranked preseason, because a non blue blood, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UNC. landed 2 of the top 5 players in the 2024 class. There aren't any examples to point to in the history of college basketball to reference that I can remember going back to the late 80s, early 90s as an example because it never happens.

Weren't people also "insulted" last season when we were left out of 2024 NCAA preseason tournament predictions and ranked 10th in the preseason Big Ten media poll?

Reactions: Morrischiano
Ha ha, we (Maryland) are an 8. After the way this past season went (ranked at start, losing record at end), I'll believe it when I see it.

Prognostication in college sports is pretty much impossible anymore with the portal action...

I had predicted a #6 seed in Seattle a few weeks ago, so looks like I’m not too far off from Lunardi..
Whether it’s part of West or Midwest region doesn’t matter..
Seattle, like San Diego, makes a great road trip for opening rounds..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT