ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Has ♥ !

They have a lot to fix....but they didn't give up.

Credit where due.

MO
Time for D1 football to give out participation awards! I would rather have a lazy, sloppy team that wins than one with "heart" that keeps blowing game after game.

That's what I saw yesterday too -- heart. Think about the adversity they were facing. There could not have been a worse time to face this type of team -- with their air raid offense. RU knew its secondary would be exploited, but fought their way back and managed to find a way to be on top with less than 2 minutes to go. It was that kind of "heart" that the '05 team had. Anyone remember the Illinois game that year? Those are the guys who became legends in '06 around here. Even that dropped interception that would have ended the game was a result of playing hard -- he turned around and went for the ball. It was excellent coverage that just had a very unlucky finish. But I love the heart this team showed yesterday.

Time for D1 football to give out participation awards! I would rather have a lazy, sloppy team that wins than one with "heart" that keeps blowing game after game.
Wait, Rutgers "keeps blowing game after game"? I understand people are lashing out after a tough loss but c'mon.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Looked bad in the first half, and D looked like it was going to completely crack at some points but didn't. Agree this team has heart - definitely one of the positives I took from yesterday.

You're right, RU-05. We wanted Big Time Football around here, but we don't like it when the other team makes great plays to pull out a win. Did anyone realize that these are the same guys that we stole the game from last year at their place? That last quarter was a duel between Grant and Cracraft (the guy who muffed the punt last year to lose the game). Every team in "big time football" has great players, and great players make great plays. River Cracraft was determined to win. His will to win this game reminded me of Brian Leonard, especially when he caught the tipped ball and stayed in bounds.

They have a lot to fix....but they didn't give up.

Credit where due.

MO
Huh, What???
It's not like Rutgers was getting routed and they continued to play hard.
At no point in the game was Rutgers out of it. They should have played hard, the game wasn't over.
Congrats to Grant for keeping them in the game.

Last edited:
I agree - that was the most positive thing from yesterday's game. This team did not quit. Very encouraging, very American, and very Rutgers. I can't wait until next week!

Beat Penn State!

-Scarlet Jerry

I agree that they played with heart, but you have to bring your brains as well. Too many mental errors with the penalties. They kept shooting themselves in the foot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT