ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rutgers has landed a commitment from Monmouth transfer Dymere Miller, the top wide receiver in all of FCS football last season.

Will he even be eligible?
Good Question. Let's look. While 2020 and 2021 are broken out as separate seasons below, on his bio, they refer to the 2020-21 Season. Wikipedia refers to the "2020-21 NCAA Division I FCS Football Season".

Just not seeing how with covid and a medical redshirt, he does not have an extra year of eligibility and what the hold up is?

It seems the NCAA treated 2020-21 as a single season, as far as I can tell.

2022- played in 10 games for Western Illinois
2021- 11 games played for Sacred Heart
2020- Spring Season?- 4 games
2019-played at least 9 games for Sacred Heart
2018- appeared in 5 games before getting injured (ESPN lists only 4 games with stats)

Putting that aside, as far as I can tell, he should be eligible for a medical redshirt for 2018: "Redshirts are granted by the NCAA when a player missed a significant part of the season due to injury or medical concern. The player must have been injured before the halfway point of the season, have played less than 30% of games, and had an injury or medical concern that’s “season ending” (of course, with the usual exceptions)."

COVID played a huge factor for any College Football athlete that was on the team during the outbreak of the pandemic. The NCAA granted an additional year of eligibility to athletes due to the large impact on the season, with most schools cutting their number of games and some not even fielding a team. This is how some active College Football players are in their fifth or sixth season (looking at you, JT Daniels).

I'm thinking Brantley, Hill, and Dremel at wr next season.
No way Miller isn't starting. He has said he only wanted to go somewhere he wouldn't be a rotational player. I'm sure he had that discussion with Kurt C and Greg.

The guy was a consensus FCS AA. He made the Walter Payton Award finalist list.

Dremel, Miller, and Strong. Not counting Brantley until ruled elig.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT