ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Hoops loses to No. 2 Purdue, 68-60

Not saying bring better players, saying figure out how to use the ones coming in bc it will need to be a different brand of basketball and he has shown no willingness to work on an offense. But yeah we also need a few complimentary pieces bc not sold what wd have here is good enough to compliment what is coming in. Ok Flouride?
You guys are just wrong and the issues are 95% talent. If we get a bunch of offensive studs and are still shit on offense then I’ll listen to you. (And no a struggling freshman GG surrounded by nothing else does not count)

You guys are just wrong and the issues are 95% talent. If we get a bunch of offensive studs and are still shit on offense then I’ll listen to you. (And no a struggling freshman GG surrounded by nothing else does not count)
There are so many better scoring teams with less out there. Rutgers needs 2 of the top 3 players to run an offense? Sorry. That's crap. Coaching matters..

do they have less out there? How do you even know?

Also how is their defense?
We're talking about offense.
You can start by easily seeing the recruit ranking and find out how many were worse than our 295(?) Offensive ranking. I bet just a few of those 295 teams had worse recruits. No?

Reactions: biazza38
Honestly not really much to complain about outside of yet another dreadful opening stretch. The team played just about to its potential today.

We're talking about offense.
You can start by easily seeing the recruit ranking and find out how many were worse than our 295(?) Offensive ranking. I bet just a few of those 295 teams had worse recruits. No?
(1) This isn’t football, you can’t separate them. If you trade a point of offense for 1.5 points of defense that’s a good trade.

(2) It’s not just about this season.

(3) Our best offensive weapon is Aundre Hyatt. No offense to Hyatt who has improved this year but yes that’s a huge talent issue for a power conference team.

(4) I’m not going to split hairs on recruiting rankings for like sub top 100 players but yes I would have to believe we are at a talent deficit in that metric relative to our actual competition.

(5) when you add to that the fact that Pike has focused on defense in recruiting and also had a couple unplanned losses this year, yes, we have an extreme dearth of talent on offense.

(6) also everyone is cold (maybe not Hyatt)

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Like I do not deny that you could probably bring a lot of coaches in here that would take this roster and make it marginally better on offense and much worse on defense. But no one is making this roster good on offense.

(1) This isn’t football, you can’t separate them. If you trade a point of offense for 1.5 points of defense that’s a good trade.

(3) Our best offensive weapon is Aundre Hyatt. No offense to Hyatt who has improved this year but yes that’s a huge talent issue for a power conference team.

(4) I’m not going to split hairs on recruiting rankings for like sub top 100 players but yes I would have to believe we are at a talent deficit in that metric relative to our actual competition.

(5) when you add to that the fact that Pike has focused on defense in recruiting and also had a couple unplanned losses this year, yes, we have an extreme dearth of talent on offense.

We’re 300 in ft shooting or something like that. It’s not hard to figure out what the problem is. Well I guess it’s hard for some people

a couple of unplanned losses? Each team we lost to is good, no wtf losses. Stonehill almost but thanks to Simpson that didn't happen

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I know nobody wants to talk about moral victories, but I'll take today's game, especially the way we shot the first half. Let's face it, this team is offensively challenged, but I love the way they fought back in the second half. I loved seeing Gavin out there making shots. I believe Pike needs to give him more minutes like this. It will only help his confidence and prepare him for next season. I also thought Jamichael and Noah had some really nice contributions, and Cliff did all he could to contain what I believe is the national player of the year. Also, Pike's defensive schemes gave Purdue fits. So in a year that will be down, I saw a glimmer of hope for next season.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Game is 40 minutes, not 20.
Gavin showed some improvement
Davis had a good game
Lazy passing hurt us
Foul shooting hurt us
Missing layups hurt us
Mag was a no show
Edey gets a lot of no calls from refs on defense and offense.
This was a winnable game and we couldn't bring it home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT