ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers is Paying Yankees $70K to Play at Yankee Stadium?

I have never seen a bigger bunch of babies in my life! It is one game and some of you are carrying like this is the biggest issue you have in your life. My suggestion to keep your sanity is to get a life and stop worrying about trivial matters like whether RU plays one football game in Yankee stadium. For petes sake!

It is not one game.

It is like the fourth game there.

If no one goes, they will get the hint.

Reactions: mildone
Probably better conditions than they see on their HS fields.
I don't think so. Move of the HS's around nowadays have great new field-turf. And theirs doesn't peel up constantly all game long.

If we were talking about playing in the Meadowlands, then I could see it being a possibly very minor recruiting thing. But I'm pretty sure no recruit is going to change his decision of where to play based on the fact that we're going to play one game in Yankee Stadium. And if that DOES change their decision about where to attend college and play football, then I would question their character.

Last edited:
Not if they have heard about or seen the images of RU players having their legs all torn up from the shit turf they have at Yankee stadium.
Probably better conditions than they see on their HS fields.
Probably better conditions than they'd see on a battlefield in Afghanistan, probably better conditions than they'd see inside the Grand Canyon and probably better conditions than they'd see on the surface of the moon.

As Duggan alludes to, probably not the smartest to back out of a deal with a B1G bowl partner, someone you advertise with and one of the more powerful organizations in NYC (an area you want to claim). Better to get through this game and grin and bare it
Agree. You have to think big picture here.

I'm shocked at all the push back from everyone on here. I get all of the complaints (field, viewing, money), but why isn't anyone looking at the positives here. Don't you want RU to not just be NJs team, but NYCs? This is good for Rutgers, good for the B1G, and something I don't see anyone addressing on here, its GREAT for the wrestling team!

My biggest concern is the field conditions. I sincerely hope they address that. The last time we played there, the sod over the infield was straight up dangerous. Other than that, I don't give a crap about us making less money on one game. I'm looking big picture. And I think this is great.

Do you really think anyone in NYC is gonna give a rat's patootie about a Rutgers game in Yankee Stadium against a team no one cares about?

Yes, if the game is well-promoted. Tons of RU and Maryland grads in NYC and I can guarantee there are a good number of Terps fans who will take the train up for the weekend from the D.C. area.

I'm shocked at all the push back from everyone on here. I get all of the complaints (field, viewing, money), but why isn't anyone looking at the positives here. Don't you want RU to not just be NJs team, but NYCs? This is good for Rutgers, good for the B1G, and something I don't see anyone addressing on here, its GREAT for the wrestling team!

My biggest concern is the field conditions. I sincerely hope they address that. The last time we played there, the sod over the infield was straight up dangerous. Other than that, I don't give a crap about us making less money on one game. I'm looking big picture. And I think this is great.

NYC will back a winning team. Playing a game is YS hasn't helped us before and it won't help us now. Let's put on our big boy panties and keep our home games at home.

Reactions: RUsSKii and mildone
when this was first reported you had people here wondering what was thrown into the deal for the deal-makers... yankee tickets, throwing out the first pitch, etc etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT