ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Announces 2020 Schedule

You either need to watch more or find people that know more. Goalie play in the fall was solid.
So who do you think plays? They have 5 guys
A senior from Binghamton
A Jr from Nassau CC ( are they even any good)
Another JR from. Cleveland State
A Soph. Who started the first two games last year.
Or the Frosh
As a replacement for a three year starter and All American

C. With other good options.

it’s college sports. Replacing all Americans is actually a good thing. It means you have all Americans.

Reactions: gef21
So who do you think plays? They have 5 guys
A senior from Binghamton
A Jr from Nassau CC ( are they even any good)
Another JR from. Cleveland State
A Soph. Who started the first two games last year.
Or the Frosh
As a replacement for a three year starter and All American

Nassau CC has usually been one of the strongest CC programs in the country.

I'm just gonna go ahead and put Asgot on mute at this point. He doesn't know what he's talking about, even said he was a noob in terms of following the sport. I trust Cali's word on the status of the team as well as Golfer far more.

I'm just gonna go ahead and put Asgot on mute at this point. He doesn't know what he's talking about, even said he was a noob in terms of following the sport. I trust Cali's word on the status of the team as well as Golfer far more.
You can do that and that if fine but I am simply trying to have a conversation. I have been told and most of you admit that both face offs and Goaltending will be an issue at least somewhat. Caliknight seems to think the offense will be better but we were last in the Big Ten in goals for and 4th in goals against so we kind of have to be better. I hope I am wrong and if I am I will happily come back and admit it.

Yea he’s tired. It’s obvious he doesn’t know anything, asks questions from that perspective, then goes on to opine about how you are wrong. Pretty sure he does schtick here just to talk.

Happy New Year guys...hope you had a great holiday...

Practice starts next week....the guys will be flying back into town this Sunday to get ready to get after it....this team can be good, but it's not perfect...but time will tell...let's get the preseason going here, and my guess is we will start to get a better feel for how this team will shape up...and frankly we won't know until they get into the season...

The conference as a lacrosse league is so VERY tough, it's just brutal...the best conference aside from maybe the ACC...it's that good...so it's very very hard to win and compete...RU has their hands full this year and every year...but stuff happens...3 conference homes games this year, 2 on the road...I like that split...

It's a long season...lots can happen...not just tomour team but to others...

I'm excited to see the possibilities ahead...with practice starting next week, I'm sure info and discussions will start to heat up

Again, Happy New Year...hoping for some warm February weather in NJ...

Happy New Year guys...hope you had a great holiday...

Practice starts next week....the guys will be flying back into town this Sunday to get ready to get after it....this team can be good, but it's not perfect...but time will tell...let's get the preseason going here, and my guess is we will start to get a better feel for how this team will shape up...and frankly we won't know until they get into the season...

The conference as a lacrosse league is so VERY tough, it's just brutal...the best conference aside from maybe the ACC...it's that good...so it's very very hard to win and compete...RU has their hands full this year and every year...but stuff happens...3 conference homes games this year, 2 on the road...I like that split...

It's a long season...lots can happen...not just tomour team but to others...

I'm excited to see the possibilities ahead...with practice starting next week, I'm sure info and discussions will start to heat up

Again, Happy New Year...hoping for some warm February weather in NJ...
Super excited to watch the boys get after it next week, question all over the place most of them really good problems to have. Who are the top 6 middies? how do you get Scott and Stevenson on the field in what is a loaded attack group? How does this offense look in year 2 under coach Seremet, if the fall is any indicator we should be super excited. I am interested in seeing how the defense shakes out, lots of options there as well. I think that the goalie situation is a little more settled than others on this page as I think it may be Russo's job to lose based on the fall but there are pretty good options there as well in Frosh and the Ridgewood kid. If Ott is fully healthy that would certainly bolster the faceoff X with Him Walker and the Transfer kid.

Based on what I saw of Scott in the fall, Brian needs to find some time somehow to give to that kid. He's the next one.

Great post, Fam. I'm exited also to see how the O looks in year two of Seremet. I expect it to be very productive. And exciting. We didn't reach it last year but the goal was to get up 50 shots. Fun trying to get there.

If we can somehow get even moderately acceptable play at the F/O spot, this team is has the ingredients to make it a season.

Golfer, I'll see you at Loyola in late Feb.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Based on what I saw of Scott in the fall, Brian needs to find some time somehow to give to that kid. He's the next one.

Great post, Fam. I'm exited also to see how the O looks in year two of Seremet. I expect it to be very productive. And exciting. We didn't reach it last year but the goal was to get up 50 shots. Fun trying to get there.

If we can somehow get even moderately acceptable play at the F/O spot, this team is has the ingredients to make it a season.

Golfer, I'll see you at Loyola in late Feb.
Looking forward to seeing you in Baltimore...should be a good one...I'll be there and I hope my guys actually get some time on the field...we will see

Happy New Year @Caliknight

Reactions: Caliknight
Looking forward to seeing you in Baltimore...should be a good one...I'll be there and I hope my guys actually get some time on the field...we will see

Happy New Year @Caliknight
Happy New Year Golfer, I can not imagine that you guy is not in the top 6 (Sprock, Coyne, Mead, Sanguinetti and Peterson) As I said in the in the past I think that the staff wants to go to more two way players and I know that they believe that some of there guys will be successful on the other side of the field as well.

Happy New Year Golfer, I can not imagine that you guy is not in the top 6 (Sprock, Coyne, Mead, Sanguinetti and Peterson) As I said in the in the past I think that the staff wants to go to more two way players and I know that they believe that some of there guys will be successful on the other side of the field as well.
Happy New Year @rufamily ...hope all is well. Hope your son is ready for another high school season. Hopefully I'll see you at the opener...4 weeks from Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting back on campus...I really didn't spend any time at RU this fall aside from a quick pop in for lunch and a hello just one time...we fly in on the 31st. Can't believe how fast time flys and at the same time, I'm excited for the season ahead...

It will be interesting to see how the coaches use the pieces in the middle of the field both offensively and defensively...I've got a pretty good feel for where all the guys stack up coming out of the fall...it will be fun to see how it translates on February 1st and beyond...

See you soon...let's hope for a warm spell in NJ starting in February and going all the way through until spring!

Based on what I saw from 44 last year. There is no question he can be a two way guy. I think that is a perfect spot for him. I believe it will open up more opportunities for unsettled situations which will in turn open up more avenues to unleash that shot. He shoots like he did in the fall, well, you don't keep that on the sidelines.

Love seeing so much lacrosse talk again. Can not wait for the season.
64 days until the start. How are you guys looking? should be fun spring as a lot of the big boys in the Skylands have come back to the pack somewhat.

64 days until the start. How are you guys looking? should be fun spring as a lot of the big boys in the Skylands have come back to the pack somewhat.

I can not wait. We were really young last year (only had 6 seniors and only 4 of them even played). The kids have worked hard since last spring and I am happy at the buy in. How are you guys looking?

Happy New Year to you and your great fam, and Fam and his great fam!
Happy New Year to you also.
I do believe that Mr. 44 will get a long look this year as a 2 way guy as will as will 0,2,6, and 21. Maybe they use Scott like the used Gallagher early on as a middie who can dodge and or invert and go at SS. Love to see how the defense shakes out as Bullett comes back as a starter and Thompson aslo returns as a part time starter as well but will we see Jean-Felix take the next step or will it be Pakzad or Burke? Will Taub and or Russo be able to break in this year or will it be one of the new guys?
We are super deep at attack and I think it is going to be very hard to keep guys like Schacthe, Scott and Stevenson off the field look for at least two of them to be in the mix on the man up. I got to talk to Stevenson at a Goaliesmith event and he said that he has shed about 20 pounds and his hip feels great. This may be the most offensive talent I have seen assembled on the Banks in more than a decade.

I can not wait. We were really young last year (only had 6 seniors and only 4 of them even played). The kids have worked hard since last spring and I am happy at the buy in. How are you guys looking?
that is good to here. I am actually, not going back to the school I was at as I am going to try and spend some time watching my son play this year. His team will be pretty good even though they lost a bunch as that staff does a good job. My son's team, if healthy will be very good as they return 9 of 10 starters.

that is good to here. I am actually, not going back to the school I was at as I am going to try and spend some time watching my son play this year. His team will be pretty good even though they lost a bunch as that staff does a good job. My son's team, if healthy will be very good as they return 9 of 10 starters.

That is great that you can spend some time watching your son. He is a nice player. I hope he has a great season, minus the one game we have to see him. I think we are finally starting to turn the corner with kids being not just athletes who play lacrosse but actually growing up playing lacrosse. In our conference though it is a war every game.

Happy New Year to you and your great fam, and Fam and his great fam!
ok, who is going to be the breakout player for us this year. I say it will be Cole Daninger. He will be a lot more of a 2-way guy and will see his playing time and scoring numbers go way up. I also see a much bigger role for Kamish as a 2-way player who will thrive in transition and punish the other team's offensive middies.

ok, who is going to be the breakout player for us this year. I say it will be Cole Daninger. He will be a lot more of a 2-way guy and will see his playing time and scoring numbers go way up. I also see a much bigger role for Kamish as a 2-way player who will thrive in transition and punish the other team's offensive middies.

Agree on Kamish based on what I saw in the fall. If that translates to the Spring, we are going to see some fireworks.

Not sure on Daninger. Hopefully he hit the weights in the offseason. He was getting picked on a lot on D as shorties always do, but he gave up some things you just can't have. Love what he bring on O though.. A year older, hopefully a year stronger and better.

I will go with Pakzahd on D. He's been putting in work and now has some experience. Hopefully he can take the next step. He put in time with Jules this past summer and got some valuable experience. I also think a healthy Gallagher will put up numbers. The other two guys are going to be lights out assuming good health and D's are going to key on them. That's going to open so much for the rest of the team, none more than Gallagher.

a little off topic but do you know Gleeson from your previous job?

Agree on Kamish based on what I saw in the fall. If that translates to the Spring, we are going to see some fireworks.

Not sure on Daninger. Hopefully he hit the weights in the offseason. He was getting picked on a lot on D as shorties always do, but he gave up some things you just can't have. Love what he bring on O though.. A year older, hopefully a year stronger and better.

I will go with Pakzahd on D. He's been putting in work and now has some experience. Hopefully he can take the next step. He put in time with Jules this past summer and got some valuable experience. I also think a healthy Gallagher will put up numbers. The other two guys are going to be lights out assuming good health and D's are going to key on them. That's going to open so much for the rest of the team, none more than Gallagher.

From what I have heard Daninger wants a bigger role and the staff is trying to give it to him. We still have Frankowiak and Marron as d-mids.
To really, be able to play the way Seremet wants we are going to need to play 2 way middies. if you have 2 kids that can getb up and down on each line (Sprock, Coyne, Kamish, Daninger and Peterson) you can add guys like Sanguinetti and Mead as guys you may look to get off the field. 2 years ago we played Gallagher at middie and he was pretty much designated to get off on defense. This obviously would allow you to switch to offense faster as you would have at least one offensive player playing in transition. The side benefit is that you will likely catch an offensive player from the opposing team on defense and be able to exploit that match up as well.
They simply have a lot of pieces and it will be very interesting to see how the work them together.

If Mullins and AC stay health the entire season they have a chance to be very special but, I also feel like we have more answers at attack than we have had in the past. realistically we are probably 6 deep at attack with serviceable players.

From what I have heard Daninger wants a bigger role and the staff is trying to give it to him. We still have Frankowiak and Marron as d-mids.
To really, be able to play the way Seremet wants we are going to need to play 2 way middies. if you have 2 kids that can getb up and down on each line (Sprock, Coyne, Kamish, Daninger and Peterson) you can add guys like Sanguinetti and Mead as guys you may look to get off the field. 2 years ago we played Gallagher at middie and he was pretty much designated to get off on defense. This obviously would allow you to switch to offense faster as you would have at least one offensive player playing in transition. The side benefit is that you will likely catch an offensive player from the opposing team on defense and be able to exploit that match up as well.
They simply have a lot of pieces and it will be very interesting to see how the work them together.

If Mullins and AC stay health the entire season they have a chance to be very special but, I also feel like we have more answers at attack than we have had in the past. realistically we are probably 6 deep at attack with serviceable players.
Daninger isn't the only one that wants a bigger role...

With that said, I agree with your comments/thoughts...

Lots of emphasis was placed on being able to play both ways this past fall and not everyone can do it. Based on what I saw in Toronto and on film from St Louis, 0,44,6,21 are defiantly the offensive guys that they ran off the wing and asked to drop in on defense...my understanding is they spent a lot of time on this in practice as well...2 will also be in that grouping as part of the mix also...again as you note...

You also have the core 2-3 SSDM guys as well...so lots to work with...

Attack is loaded as well and deep...Kieran and Mark are seniors in the grouping, so you look at they younger guys to have opportunity next year for sure, and maybe in special circumstances on offense (EMO Maybe...Mark was on the unit last year and was very solid)....

Bottom line IMO is we have a lots of guys that are good enough to play, should play and competition will be high...you don't wish injury on anyone and pray for good health across the board...but if a guy or two gets dinged...which will happen, we should have the depth to withstand some (not all) injuries or missed time...

The staff will have good problems and bad problems in that guys want to play...they will need to be good managers of minutes and flow and work to get guys on the field that deserve time...or should I say, have earned time...ultimately it needs to translate into wins right...

It's should be fun...4 weeks from today! Wow! I keep saying it, but I'll say it again...I'm hoping for a warm February on the banks :)

Daninger isn't the only one that wants a bigger role...

With that said, I agree with your comments/thoughts...

Lots of emphasis was placed on being able to play both ways this past fall and not everyone can do it. Based on what I saw in Toronto and on film from St Louis, 0,44,6,21 are defiantly the offensive guys that they ran off the wing and asked to drop in on defense...my understanding is they spent a lot of time on this in practice as well...2 will also be in that grouping as part of the mix also...again as you note...

You also have the core 2-3 SSDM guys as well...so lots to work with...

Attack is loaded as well and deep...Kieran and Mark are seniors in the grouping, so you look at they younger guys to have opportunity next year for sure, and maybe in special circumstances on offense (EMO Maybe...Mark was on the unit last year and was very solid)....

Bottom line IMO is we have a lots of guys that are good enough to play, should play and competition will be high...you don't wish injury on anyone and pray for good health across the board...but if a guy or two gets dinged...which will happen, we should have the depth to withstand some (not all) injuries or missed time...

The staff will have good problems and bad problems in that guys want to play...they will need to be good managers of minutes and flow and work to get guys on the field that deserve time...or should I say, have earned time...ultimately it needs to translate into wins right...

It's should be fun...4 weeks from today! Wow! I keep saying it, but I'll say it again...I'm hoping for a warm February on the banks :)
Looking forward to it also, but do not expect it to be warm but it will probably be warmer than where you are coming from.
its funny that I think they have so players on offense that it is going to be a daily fistfight for playing time and that fistfight will be played at the highest level. I am not sure that we have as many answers on defense but I am hopeful that we have some kids step up and give us a great opportunity to be successful.

Looking forward to it also, but do not expect it to be warm but it will probably be warmer than where you are coming from.
its funny that I think they have so players on offense that it is going to be a daily fistfight for playing time and that fistfight will be played at the highest level. I am not sure that we have as many answers on defense but I am hopeful that we have some kids step up and give us a great opportunity to be successful.
Two thoughts on the defense....

I think someone will rise up and step into a role...I'm confident we will find a couple new guys

Second, maybe this year the best defense will be a very productive offense...

One thing is for certain. Practices are the best we have seen under Brian. Steel sharpens steel.

ADVERTISEMENT