ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Hosts Brown on Sunday

Great article on Inside Lacrosse on Rutgers after a fall visit. Really liked Stoller and after touring the facilities and area, had the below comment.

"More than that, though, my overriding takeaway from the visit was “Rutgers needs to host NCAA Championship Weekend again.”

I've been beating that drum for years here. Seating to cover the largest crowd ever to see the FF. Day trip from LI, Baltimore, Upstate and even Massachusetts.

I've been beating that drum for years here. Seating to cover the largest crowd ever to see the FF. Day trip from LI, Baltimore, Upstate and even Massachusetts.
Would the NCAA allow the final four to be played on a field with football lines? If not, would Rutgers be willing to switch out the “football” field turf for turf that only has lacrosse lines/markings (like they do at Rentschler Field (and who pays for this)?

I doubt they’d play with football lines. They do t need to roll out new carpet. They can paint over existing lines

Would the NCAA allow the final four to be played on a field with football lines? If not, would Rutgers be willing to switch out the “football” field turf for turf that only has lacrosse lines/markings (like they do at Rentschler Field (and who pays for this)?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Cali is right. However RU hosted the FF 3 times between 1996 and 2001. How was it handled then? And the FF has been played at Gillette 4 times over the last 15 years. How did they handle it and what was the cost? Did the NCAA reimburse or did it reflect the revenue split between the NCAA and the host site? I don't think the Patriots did it out of the goodness in their hearts.

NCAA probably paid. It can’t be much. Hopkins paints over all of their football lines. We lay lacrosse lines on our football field then take them off like a bunch of other schools do.

The relative lack of luxury seating is the main thing holding back SHI from hosting the Final Four. Outside of that, it is an ideal venue. Centrally located, relatively easy access, plenty of parking, perfect seating capacity, etc. it would show extremely well on TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT