ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers men's soccer...Donigan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnee kid I believe. Went to Wake and won a national championship there, so who even knows how attached to jersey he really is or if he’d be interested in coming back.

Do you have inside info about Hobbs with the caveat that it seems clear he doesn’t have the vision for soccer?

Such a shame what’s happened to this program.
Thanks for intel on Franks and no I don’t have info on Hobbs and really shouldn’t speak so assuredly about his intentions or lack thereof. Just my feelings but they are far from informed by any inside info!

Anyone who thinks Hobbs "doesn't have the vision" for soccer knows absolutely NOTHING about his vision for THE ENTIRE athletic department and how he has already helped other Olympic Sports grow. He will almost assuredly get rid of Dan following the season, eating the final year of his deal (IIRC), and I'd be willing to bet make an excellent hire to move this program forward again. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Anyone who thinks Hobbs "doesn't have the vision" for soccer knows absolutely NOTHING about his vision for THE ENTIRE athletic department and how he has already helped other Olympic Sports grow. He will almost assuredly get rid of Dan following the season, eating the final year of his deal (IIRC), and I'd be willing to bet make an excellent hire to move this program forward again. Fingers crossed, anyway.
Yes we will keep them crossed. That’s easy. They’ve been stuck in that position for years now!

Thanks for intel on Franks and no I don’t have info on Hobbs and really shouldn’t speak so assuredly about his intentions or lack thereof. Just my feelings but they are far from informed by any inside info!
Gotcha. I’d say his soccer vision seems pretty shortsighted based on not handling this situation last year. Like you I have no inside information but his actions speak loudly

Gotcha. I’d say his soccer vision seems pretty shortsighted based on not handling this situation last year. Like you I have no inside information but his actions speak loudly
Right on. Nuts (above) does have some inside AD insight I think. But at this point the faith that Hobbs will do right by MSOC based in his treatment of other Olympic sports, pales in comparison to the evidence of action not taken ( to riff off of you, loud speaking inaction) that we have have in front of us.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Right on. Nuts (above) does have some inside AD insight I think. But at this point the faith that Hobbs will do right by MSOC based in his treatment of other Olympic sports, pales in comparison to the evidence of action not taken ( to riff off of you, loud speaking inaction) that we have have in front of us.

Not getting rid of Donigan last year was bad enough. If Hobbs doesn't get rid of him after this disaster of a year, then Hobbs just doesn't care about this particular sport. I don't want to hear about we have no money. Hobbs should've told Ash we're not getting out of the UCLA series. You're getting your ass on a plane and Rutgers is playing in the Rose Bowl against UCLA instead of paying them $500,000 to back out. Problem solved. Donigan gone. New soccer coach.

If RU manages to be beat PSU and Columbia, and loses to indiana, the finish 6-10-1 for the regular season. Serious question: Does Hobbs make a move if that happens, especially considering that a change in football coaches may be necessary?

If RU manages to be beat PSU and Columbia, and loses to indiana, the finish 6-10-1 for the regular season. Serious question: Does Hobbs make a move if that happens, especially considering that a change in football coaches may be necessary?
Seems like that would be more than acceptable season for Hobbs. Likely that Donigan is here for at least another season. Let’s be serious, if he survived the absolutely abysmal last couple of seasons, why would Hobbs be moved to now fire him after some fairly marginal improvement to the record. There are certainly signs of good play/talent but it tends to come out vs inferior opponents and also still does not seem to be working within much of a system.

If Hobbs thinks 6-10-1 is acceptable including a loss to Howard, then I may need to re-evaluate my opinion on his fitness to make these types of decisions as an AD.

If Hobbs thinks 6-10-1 is acceptable including a loss to Howard, then I may need to re-evaluate my opinion on his fitness to make these types of decisions as an AD.
Believe me. With that record and Hobbs’s history so far with MSOC-there’s no way he’s firing Donigan.

Believe me. With that record and Hobbs’s history so far with MSOC-there’s no way he’s firing Donigan.
Firing isn't necessary. Supposedly, his contract ends after this season, so it's just a matter of not asking him back and giving him another extension like we did 2 yrs ago.

Donigan's record at Rutgers, I believe, now stands at 51 - 80 -14. If he's not fired at the end of the year, it's time to close up shop.

Donigan's record at Rutgers, I believe, now stands at 51 - 80 -14. If he's not fired at the end of the year, it's time to close up shop.
I’m with you to be sure. It’s just that we’ve had these exact situations for the last 2-3 years and nothing has changed.

With the way football is going, in which Hobbs played a major role in it's failure, he should be doing everything in his power to make the Olympic sports as good as possible. Especially a sport like soccer which has been at the very top of the sport before. Enough of the nonsense Hobbs. Fire the guy and bring someone in to turn this thing around.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Day 361 of the Donigan hostage crisis. Hopefully, a change is made on or shortly after our 11/4 game vs Wisc.

2018: 4-12-1
2017: 4-13-1
2016: 1-14-2
2015: 12-7-2
2014: 6-12-1
2013: 7-11-2
2012: 7-7-1
2011: 10-7-4
Overall: 51-83-10

Yes. $$$$

Is there anyone in the know that can explain 2014, 2015, and 2016? Going from 6-12-1 to 12-7-2 to 1-14-2?

Is there anyone in the know that can explain 2014, 2015, and 2016? Going from 6-12-1 to 12-7-2 to 1-14-2?

Probably not the best to answer this but transfers including Corboz to Maryland and Wright to Clemson and not recruiting suitable replacements have contributed to the situation.

Reactions: IsItLuck
Hobbs shouldn't be dragging his feet over this one. This is a sport that RU should excel in, a la wrestling today. We have far greater potential in this than in most other men's sports.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Hobbs shouldn't be dragging his feet over this one. This is a sport that RU should excel in, a la wrestling today. We have far greater potential in this than in most other men's sports.
Maybe there needs to be a petition to Hobbs.

Honest question... if your contract runs out, are you or can you be "fired"?

I’m guessing he just send a press release saying his contract won’t be renewed and wishing him the best. Does anyone know of another coach we’ve handled a similar way and if that was the approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT