ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers OWNS MSG

letterhead6

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2004
When is the last time ANY college basketball team rocked the Garden the way we did today? St John's, Syracuse, Uconn....maybe 15 years ago. No NYC metro college team has the potential that we do right now. i hope a few years from now we are playing Duke in a sold out MSG (with today's crowd and Dylan Harper)!!!

Nice quote below

“Sincere question: How many years has it been since St. John’s fans provided an atmosphere in MSG like the one Rutgers fans brought to the building today vs. Michigan State?” -- Matt Norlander, CBS Sports.
Rutgers has what - 4x the undergrad enrollment of St Johns? I'm just guessing. What Delany did ain't rocket science. We are huge and have a lot of potential "customers" if the product was ever decent, which Pike has delivered.

MSG NIT finals vs Michigan was wild. I was in school and some legend brought a keg onto the train from NB and passed out beers. Everyone doing RU chants the whole ride up. MSG packed with scarlet
Did he just leave the keg on the train when it got into Penn?

we need to play 1-2 games here a year (prefer
OOC) …we have a 8000 seat gym that it’s hard to get a ticket and okaying here gives us a chance to sell the power of the size of our brand and be a 2 hour pep rally for RU in the media capital of the world

Pray to the basketball g-da that the NCAA gives us the east regional and we get there

They hype RU basketball would get for five days leading into a sweet 16 game …would be UNREAL….

Should be in the Jimmy V Classic at the Garden every year.

How was the student turnout for yesterday's game? I have many fond memories of RU students taking over the (Old) Garden for the week of the 1967 NIT, RU's first-ever post-season tournament.

Nobody will want to hear or acknowledge but least student turnout of year.

MSG NIT finals vs Michigan was wild. I was in school and some legend brought a keg onto the train from NB and passed out beers. Everyone doing RU chants the whole ride up. MSG packed with scarlet
Was the craziest train ride I was ever on - everyone was drinking and yelling. Just wish we won that damn game. Can't wait for when we make our first Sweet 16 in ages and our fans show up in droves.

I could be wrong but I get the sense the fans pushing for more MSG games aren’t season ticket holders. The RAC is special and an unbelievable home court advantage. One OOC game makes sense but giving up league home games is a big no-no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT