ADVERTISEMENT

Duke

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Lots of forces trying to make Rutgers-Duke happen in December. No clue how far it has developed. Duke is already coming up her to play St. John's at the US Tennis Center,indoors. They always play an MSG game. It would be the most hyped game in Rutgers basketball history,right up there with Michigan in 1976, with a great Cooper-Ace storyline. Normally, Duke controls tickets at MSG,but that would never be the case if against Rutgers. It would most likely be 50-50. I know the usual supsects will say that:Duke needs Rutgers more than Rutgers needs Duke (hysterical),that Rutgers would not own the Garden (who cares) and that Duke would demolish Rutgers (no chance). Scheyer has not done a good job with his roster this year or last and their interior defense is always suspect. Make it happen and secondary market tickets would start at $500 and the market share on tv would be off the charts.

I’ll bet if it’s played December 23rd it would be a packed house

Would be awesome / bedlam !

And you’d have the storyline of Ace and Dylan vs Cooper Flagg !

Seems like game would not be part of Jimmy V but rather a one off game ?

Let’s hope this game comes to fruition !

Last edited:
Two threads now…three if you count the one on the Round Table.

deandre jordan nba GIF

Would be awesome / bedlam !

And you’d have the storyline of Ace and Dylan vs Cooper Flagg !

Seems like game would not be part of Jimmy V but rather a one off game ?

Let’s hope this game comes to fruition !
Would be great if it could be both.

A big OOC and a holiday or preseason tournament there every year would be fine by me.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
There would be NBA scouts from every team in the NBA at that game to watch Ace vs Cooper. That has to happen, Dickie V will have to be there in some way as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT