ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Stadium Match

Coach posted that he wants a stadium match this year and is trying to get Michigan to wrestle on 11/5. RU football plays Michigan that day. Enjoyed the stadium match the last time!
I agree, I enjoyed it as well. It's a nice change of pace and it's not like we are going off campus somewhere to give up a home dual. Hopefully we get some good weather and it would be a great scene to get like 20K in the stadium this time around (up from the 16k vs. Princeton)

Not a fan of the outdoor match because you lose the RAC environment. There's no juice or atmosphere wrestling outside. Plus, it takes away from tailgating.

I agree, I enjoyed it as well. It's a nice change of pace and it's not like we are going off campus somewhere to give up a home dual. Hopefully we get some good weather and it would be a great scene to get like 20K in the stadium this time around (up from the 16k vs. Princeton)
it wasn't a great experience against Maryland. Weather in early November is more likely to be chilly than warm.
This looks to be another marketing disaster, much like this year's match against NC in Newark. They should concentrate on recruiting.

I like the idea. True, it's not the same as JMA, but it's an opportunity to do something different and potentially bring in one of the all time NCAA, wrestling, attendance records. People who want to tailgate? Show up earlier and start the party. Watch wrestling with a good buzz, then go back out and tailgate.

I like the idea. True, it's not the same as JMA, but it's an opportunity to do something different and potentially bring in one of the all time NCAA, wrestling, attendance records. People who want to tailgate? Show up earlier and start the party. Watch wrestling with a good buzz, then go back out and tailgate.
Never gonna happen. We already have the #2 most attended dual with 16,178 vs Princeton in 2016. We like wrestling but we aren't getting anywhere near the 42,287 fans that attended Iowa/OKST in 2015.

Never gonna happen. We already have the #2 most attended dual with 16,178 vs Princeton in 2016. We like wrestling but we aren't getting anywhere near the 42,287 fans that attended Iowa/OKST in 2015.
Note: I never said THE best. I said one of the all time bests. It's a nice little marketing ploy to help promote the program.

The UM football game will probably be a sellout. That alone should create some logistical problems, not to mention the weather risks. Moving the UM match out of JMA isn't going to help season ticket sales either. If we had moved the tOSU match this year, there wasn't a whole lot left. I'm also curious what the wrestlers themselves think about this issue. Personally, I think Friday Nov. 4th at JMA would be a great way to kick off the BEAT MICHIGAN weekend. Thanks for listening. $$$$

The UM football game will probably be a sellout. That alone should create some logistical problems, not to mention the weather risks. Moving the UM match out of JMA isn't going to help season ticket sales either. If we had moved the tOSU match this year, there wasn't a whole lot left. I'm also curious what the wrestlers themselves think about this issue. Personally, I think Friday Nov. 4th at JMA would be a great way to kick off the BEAT MICHIGAN weekend. Thanks for listening. $$$$
I'm sure the wrestlers enjoy it or want experience it, otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

Can’t believe anyone is calling it the JMA. I have never called Rutgers Stadium or The RAC by any other names no matter how many corporate names come and go. Let the TV announcers do it, but not fans. Please !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT