ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers staves off mistake-prone Washington 21-18 at home

I'm excited for this game. I think we learn a lot about the team in this game. I think it's the first game in which we can start to form informed opinions about how the rest of the season might go, barring unforeseen circumstances such as injuries.

We learned a little bit last game. But, while it was never confirmed by the coaching staff, I still suspect some of the players might've been under the weather for that game, including AK (aka Vomitous Chunksblower), KM (who didn't look himself until that last series in the 4th Q) and perhaps a handful of players on the D side of the ball. If so, that would've resulted in a game, especially the second half, that was unrepresentative of this team's true level of play.

If I'm correct about that, then due to how such illnesses typically work, it stands to reason some other players might be suffering a bit this week. So I really hope I'm incorrect and the entire team is 100% this week.

I'm a little more wound up about this game than usual :-/
I am more excited than in the prior 3 games. I think this game is much more representative of the competition we face the rest of the season. Win and it kinda suggests we can compete with every team, except maybe USC, the rest of the season.

Plus a win means we will be 4-0 which gets us 2/3rds of the way to a bowl.

I'm excited for this game. I think we learn a lot about the team in this game. I think it's the first game in which we can start to form informed opinions about how the rest of the season might go, barring unforeseen circumstances such as injuries.

We learned a little bit last game. But, while it was never confirmed by the coaching staff, I still suspect some of the players might've been under the weather for that game, including AK (aka Vomitous Chunksblower), KM (who didn't look himself until that last series in the 4th Q) and perhaps a handful of players on the D side of the ball. If so, that would've resulted in a game, especially the second half, that was unrepresentative of this team's true level of play.

If I'm correct about that, then due to how such illnesses typically work, it stands to reason some other players might be suffering a bit this week. So I really hope I'm incorrect and the entire team is 100% this week.
How about z123. Percent?

Reactions: mildone
The sound meter on my phone maxes out at 88 dB, apparently.

Edit: apparently it's a Pixel 6 limitation on the microphone hardware.

Last edited:
I am more excited than in the prior 3 games. I think this game is much more representative of the competition we face the rest of the season. Win and it kinda suggests we can compete with every team, except maybe USC, the rest of the season.

Plus a win means we will be 4-0 which gets us 2/3rds of the way to a bowl.
Our defense and in particular, our secondary will be tested. Their QB is highly skilled and experienced. If we left WRs get by us like last game, we won’t be as lucky as we were against VTech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT