ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers staves off mistake-prone Washington 21-18 at home

Not liking our chances on Defense. Carroll so far has been better than Harisimyiak on playcalling. We so far are lucky that Washington mis-executed at key time or they would be up 31-14.

Reactions: 93RUDoc
This game is really close to that damn Sim. I think we had 17 in it but same kind of game. Sigh

Defense looks nothing like a Schiano defense with zero pressure and with Monangai in your backfield there's zero reason not to run the ball. Hope I'm wrong, but looks like yet another typical Schiano second half collapse.

The weakness of Rutgers defensive line readily apparent in this game.No pass rush and allowing too many yards rushing .

Reactions: rusig96
No question. The D has been decent, giving up yards, but not breaking. Make them burn more time. Just don’t give up big plays. Make them make a lot of plays to score, gives us a chance to trip them up. Gives them a chance to make mistakes.

IIRC it was on the "wrong" side of the 50. 10 yards farther I'd have tried.

Reactions: BillyC80
Mongo with 107 yards on 16 carries for 6.7 avg.
AK with 12/21 for 103 yds 4.9 avg
I think Mongo will get stronger in 4th and eat the clock (keep Wash off field)
Would like to see a long pass to open defense and quit the dinks/dunks

It’s also a good thing Fisch didn’t go for that chippy FG when they were at the goal line down 11. They’d only be down 1 right now. Coaches so willingly give up easy points these days. As if no more scoring will happen during the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT