ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Northwestern / Game #2 Thread

Well like most you like to assume. Maybe check the definition to the word HERE.

Just didn't want to get caught up on the forum and frustrations. Get it?

Want to quiz me on the 2nd half ?

Sound like Bill Clinton...depends on what the definition of what "here" is....lol .

No biggie...we won and we are all diehard fans.

hmmm... not sure I agree with that.. but for a single game.. yeah.. that's right. But if we lost every big game but looked "pretty" with such a young team.. I might prefer that.

What?

You play to win the game. I can’t tell if this is a joke or not. The players don’t spend hours training and practicing to look great in losing efforts.

hmmm... not sure I agree with that.. but for a single game.. yeah.. that's right. But if we lost every big game but looked "pretty" with such a young team.. I might prefer that.
Had to win this one to have any hope of escaping day 1 of the Big ten tournament

Well I have to say that the biggest evidence that RU bball is back is a 17 page game thread. I just don't have the stomach for them anymore.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Were in 8th/9th right now and you think it’s unfathomable that with everyone coming back plus young and mulcahy next year that we can finish around 7th next year? Again, I think our floor next year is 11th, ceiling is probably around 5. Likely is 7-8

I agree, I think we are in position to surpass...Nebraska, Penn State and Northwestern and maybe Minnesota. With Illinois and Indiana in our crosshairs.

its all a wash if you includes some wins they squeaked out
In most situations, I would agree, but Rutgers defeated Rutgers in those games. Other teams shoot 80%+ from the FT line, but somehow Rutgers can even hit their FT average of 61%.

Great win!! Eugene and Myles with the big buckets at the end.

Was that a foul (body) on the Law drive at the end? Maybe we got a break...

Great win. Almost reverted to the old Rutgers but came through. Are we mathematically eliminated from finishing last?

Win the game with Rutgers high scorers at 12 points.Will need at least 70 points against Iowa.
Gonna be tough, we struggle with screens and iowas wholeeee game is based on screen action

Great win. Almost reverted to the old Rutgers but came through. Are we mathematically eliminated from finishing last?
No. Thanks to stupid Michigan losing to State Penn. They're playing a lot better lately. We have to take care of business when we play them at the RAC

Is Iowa the team that just wants to outscore you without playing.much defense....we need to grind out a win and make them defend for the entire 30 seconds of the clock.

Gonna be tough, we struggle with screens and iowas wholeeee game is based on screen action
Rutgers has to fight over the screens or switch on defense. Switching will lead to match-up issues. This is why I say speed up the game to prevent Iowa from getting into their set offense with time on the shot clock.
Iowa will try to use their size, but I think Rutgers should be OK there. Rutgers has to pressure Iowa because they don't like it. In the games Iowa has lost, they revert to the team that struggled last year. The don't defend well against quicker teams.

Anyone know why BTN is playing so much Tom Petty coming back from commercials?

What?

You play to win the game. I can’t tell if this is a joke or not. The players don’t spend hours training and practicing to look great in losing efforts.
The guy is a moron! "Lose pretty" LOL, the operative word sonny, is "Lose" A loss is a loss! Jeeezes, have you EVER played anything competitive in your miserable life!!??!!??

Do we have a magic number to clinch not last ?
Right now, probably 4. Still kinda early. I have to say Nebraska is probably the odds on favorite to finish last at this point. Great chance of clearing Nebraska, Northwestern, and PSU

Reactions: RUsince52
Is Iowa the team that just wants to outscore you without playing.much defense....we need to grind out a win and make them defend for the entire 30 seconds of the clock.

we need to follow the Northwestern game plan from the other night, which revolves around playing great D, they blew the game but they played outstanding on D....RU will need to defend the perimeter better and handle screens better. We also need them to have one of those nights...and its going to be tough because they are coming off a rough shooting night...Bohannon has the potential to kill us

Thiam had 16 points in the win last year.

we need to follow the Northwestern game plan from the other night, which revolves around playing great D, they blew the game but they played outstanding on D....RU will need to defend the perimeter better and handle screens better. We also need them to have one of those nights...and its going to be tough because they are coming off a rough shooting night...Bohannon has the potential to kill us

Thiam had 16 points in the win last year.

It may come down to if Iowa shoots 14-30 on threes or 9 for 30 on threes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT