ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Northwestern / Game Thread

Could be a BS call coming. If he throws it while spinning around in the EZ, it would be a good pass. Should be a safety period.

Northwestern looks confused in the way our team usually does. They're a mess today.

You know what is going to happen right?

Blackshear will show up after half time, and they will force feed him the ball to no avail, squandering any offensive momentum.

Reactions: RutgersROB
I've seen a lot of emotion from Ash today. And for the first time all year i see hes actually been coaching his players on the sideline. Not sure if hes done that all season or not but its the first time i saw it on TV.

Last edited:
Second half: Just hand the ball to Pacheco & Snead until NW adjusts. No need to risk Sitkowski
's passes!

Well well well. This is a happy surprise at the half. Maybe we've turned a corner.

So now we find out if we can keep it going or do we get out coached at halftime? We look like a team today. Good to see.

Reactions: beaced
This really is going to be Chris Ash's USF in November.

Yup. Another wasted year .
Ok, I, and most of us, have been justifiably critical of this coach and this team but, to those of you who are actively rooting for us to lose - that is just wrong. These guys are playing hard today. They have a Block R on their helmet and should have our support.

Disagree. In sure u will thrilled with another wasted year next year.

I've seen a lot of emotion from Ash today. And for the first time all see hes actually been coaching his players. Not sure if hes done that all season or not but its the first time i saw it on TV.
Well supposedly he started taking a bigger role in the defense last week and it has continued this week too...and I'd guess the rest of the season.

We have the players. Just have to get them the ball and allow them to develop before we waste them Pacheco, shameen Jones, blackshear, Hunter hyek, etc.

I've seen a lot of emotion from Ash today. And for the first time all see hes actually been coaching his players. Not sure if hes done that all season or not but its the first time i saw it on TV.

Ash gets it!!! He will lead us to the promised Land!!! Woohoo!!

Then leave this thread and go join the NU fans on their site.
NU fans must be in the middle of a melt down right now. They have a shot at the B1G west title but the NU lines are getting pushed around today.

Why can't they play this hard every game

I think Ash on "D" is making a HUGE F'ing difference. Wish this would have happened as early as Kansas.

If it's fait accompli that Ash stays through end of this season into next, we need a really GREAT recruiter who knows NJ / the National landscape who is a DC or we keep Ash in dual capacity, and find a REALLY GREAT RECRUITER. Period!

MO

Tap the breaks everyone.

The offense has 10 points after having great field position on some drives.

144 total yards (44 of which were a TD run out of a spread formation).
64 passing yards
80 rushing (36 without the TD)

Reactions: newell138
Happy RU is playing a good game. Not sure why people root for a team if they want them to lose. This is not the NFL where if you have the worst record, you get the #1 pick.

That being said, there needs to be changes. The defensive coordinator has been here 3 years....time for him to go. Special Teams, time to go.

Reactions: RUSK97
So stupid and juvenile. I'm glad the big win makes u happy little boy!! Pizza party to celebrate!! So cute.

Explain to me and to every other true RU fan that wants to root for our team and see them win a football game that it is stupid to suggest that someone like you who wants NU to win should go over to their thread and join them?

Reactions: RUDutch
Tap the breaks everyone.

The offense has 10 points after having great field position on some drives.

144 total yards (44 of which were a TD run out of a spread formation).
64 passing yards
80 rushing (36 without the TD)
Well when you've looked as anemic and bad as we've looked you'll take anything where you can get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT