ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Northwestern / Game Thread

Actually winning in the 2nd half … 14-12 … lead down to 16

If only we could move the team alarm clock ahead an hour.

This one has the feel of another team getting out to a huge lead and knowing they’re the better team and not going to be very interested in the game as the clock dwindles.

Cliff can dunk from the B1G logo, why bother putting it on the deck there?

Sit Papmquist…better yet pack his bags and send him back to Sweden. He is just awful!!!

we finally have some energy and that guy just lets the air out of the tire

had cliff caught that nice pass from PM and dunked it this teams finds massive energy

Reactions: koleszar and MV9000
How do you expect to keep our Swedish recruiting pipeline? We need bodies to field a team.

Reactions: MV9000
A loss here means Rutgers will have a loss against four of the bottom 5 Big Ten teams:
Maryland, Penn State, Minnesota and NW. And we barely got by Nebraska.
You are what your record says you are.

He's had the same mannerisms a few weeks ago. 0% chance he stays. Leaves us with Cliff, Paul and a bunch of fringe three stars. Less talent on this team since pre Gary Waters.
Why does anyone care if a guy not good enough to play on a team without a bench stays or dgoes.

Reactions: Rutgers25
I'm trying to figure out what Palmquist brings. I just don't see what Pike sees, offensively he just stands in the corner defensively well there is no defense.

He's a better shooter than Caleb. And the D sucked across the board anyway so he's trying to get offense. Problem is he can't shoot either. Being a better shooter than Caleb doesn't say much.

Yup..Pike lost this game in the first half..by watching the team sleepwalk with no accountability
Story of the game right there. I really think the team play takes on his personality.

I actually like Reiber and think he will develop. Whoever said he has no IQ is not true.

Reactions: Scangg
Why does anyone care if a guy not good enough to play on a team without a bench stays or dgoes.
Because he's a freshman and by all accounts has some skill. If the entire point is that you're a player development program, then guys transferring out early is a big problem.

Check out Nance's freshman numbers at Northwestern. You don't want high-potential guys to leave your team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT