ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Marquette Game Thread

Fictional tweet:

“I went to the Big East Tournament championship, and a Rutgers game broke out.”

So I am usually the guy who mocks people for saying the players are tired, which is the excuse given for a variety of things. But the one time where I think the players get tired is these conference tournaments, where these teams go from playing 2 games a week, which is a walk in the park, to playing 3 or 4 days in a row, which they are completely unprepared for. I think a lot of teams get spent in these conference tournaments, and then they fade in the NCAA Tournament as a result.

I'll chime in with this. I totally get why we are in the B1G but my gosh do I miss the Big East Bball tournament at MSG playing with Nova, the Hall, UConn , the Johnnies.

Right in our backyard and frankly had I planned better would have gone to a round or two.
Such an easy train ride and amazing environment vs. just watching our tournament on TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
I'll chime in with this. I totally get why we are in the B1G but my gosh do I miss the Big East ZBBall tournament at MSG playing we with Nova, the Hall, UCon , the Johnnies.

RT ight in our backyard and frankly had I planned better would have gone to a round or two.
Such an easy train ride and amazing environment vs. just watching our tournament on TV.
Big East tourney is the 1 thing I miss. Nothing quite like it and definitely no Midwestern host city can compete with NYC.

Big East tourney is the 1 thing I miss. Nothing quite like it and definitely no Midwestern host city can compete with NYC.
Yeah I retired the year we left and had been thinking of all those mid week trips in. Hanging in the bars and catching the games. If you're a basketball fan it still draws ones soul lol.

A big part of the reason we hate Notre Dame, Syracuse, and UConn is because of all their annoying fans that live and travel to NYC/NJ and this area. It’s also why the tournament was so great at MSG. Between those, RU, St. Johns, even Nova and Georgetown, it was truly something else. Big Ten is also fun if you’ve done it in Chicago or Indy but it’s obviously not the same. And regardless of what Jon Rothstein and Jerry Carino try to tell you, it’s not close to the same today as it was then.

Danny Hurley could play Curious George in a biopic:

iu
Dan-Hurley-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Looks like UConn making a lot of contested 3s. Hope we can emulate this philosophy next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT