ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State / Game Thread

I was surprised OSU didn't contest the ball with 16 seconds remaining on the clock. Granted they most likely wouldn't have won but I thought they gave up rather quickly...

Great performance. Confidence is there now to close out games after winning 2 tight ones in a row. Roll the ball out and see what happens tomorrow night. Cats know they are going to be in for a fight. Go RU!

What I liked (and coach Pikell alluded to in his post game press conference) is that we got contributions from everyone. That's what good teams do and that is what we need to win any game. Everyone needs to chip in.

Reactions: RUonBrain and goru7
Just curious about all you guys saying the refs missed the Sanders call, were any of you at the game? If you were watching on TV, I'll take the ref who's a few feet away over your viewpoint any day. Great win and it shows this team can win even without Sanders and Williams doing much. The bench was big time too. So much fun to watch this team!

VICTORY!!!

Sanders didn't touch the shooter's arm on that foul call. Replay clearly showed as much. No matter, we overcame it tonight.

Huge contributions from so much of the squad tonight. That was a real pleasure to watch.

Beat those Cats!

Just curious about all you guys saying the refs missed the Sanders call, were any of you at the game? If you were watching on TV, I'll take the ref who's a few feet away over your viewpoint any day. Great win and it shows this team can win even without Sanders and Williams doing much. The bench was big time too. So much fun to watch this team!
Yet when they aren't sure about some things they go to the video, the same video we see on replay.

Not so fast young man!!

let me say I was completely wrong....OSU played good for 5 minutes...they have no good....not only was RU the dominant team tonight but take into consideration the tightness of the first game, one might say RU is the better team at this point

Reactions: goru7
most teams do not but this team sort of laid down
I agree. They played like they had no heart and no fight.It's a big reason they gave up so many offensive rebounds to Rutgers and rarely contested rebounds.

I cant believe we let a guy who only sits in the 200 level try to run the board and the team narrative. Great block by Corey. Ref butchered the Freeman poke and Omuruyi Block may have been the worst of all - he pitched a tent out there. All three clear as day and didn't even happen quickly during play. Nevertheless great win. We missed a few opportunities to pull away earlier but in the end the better team won today.
Forget where he sits. He knows less about the game than my four year old. That is the real issue.

Great performance. Confidence is there now to close out games after winning 2 tight ones in a row. Roll the ball out and see what happens tomorrow night. Cats know they are going to be in for a fight. Go RU!
This is what was so exciting. The team never lost the faith is the coaching staff and each other and are starting to figure out how to close out and win a tight game. Just like losing can become a habit, so can winning, and this team is starting to learn how to win. Obviously it is coming too late in the season to make a drastic difference, but it is great to see so many hard working kids get rewarded for their hard work and you know they are all going to get after it this offseason and come back next year that much stronger.

Reactions: Loyal-Son

(Ray) you're saying you've never seen a ref make a mistake? LOL..happens all the time. But I've ref'd some recreational games and I know it is not an easy thing to do.

Sorry, that is such a lame rationalization for backing up the call. Ref made a quick whistle there and blew it. It happens. And I would say the only bad call of the game cause I thought they did a great job otherwise.

The timing and potential to change the end game is what really caused the angst.. and a 90% shooter making all three foul shots.

(I think your last 3 sentences were outstanding though :) )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT