ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs. Senegal Select

NiTeKnight

Junior
Nov 28, 2003
Thanks, Aaron for your review of the first Rutgers game on their overseas trip.
Enjoyed reading about how everyone played.

The points that I read add up to 92 yet the team only won 85-83.

Hyatt 30, Griffiths 17, Woolfolk 10, Omoruyi 10, Palmquist 12, simpson 2, Chol 6, Fernandes 5. I do not know if J. Davis played but Aaron mentioned that Austin Williams, Ogbole and Mag did not play because of injuries and that J. Williams had just joined the team.

Hyatt 30, Griffiths 17, Woolfolk 10, Omoruyi 10, Palmquist 12, simpson 2, Chol 6, Fernandes 5. I do not know if J. Davis played but Aaron mentioned that Austin Williams, Ogbole and Mag did not play because of injuries and that J. Williams had just joined the team.

In the clip of the final play, I believe Davis was on the court.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Can’t take much from this but most people are sleeping on Hyatt, including me. However, it would be nice if he reaches his potential this year.
Well, it's not like he can't compete at this level. We have seen it at times. Just hasn't been consistent enough and there have been some mind-boggling cold stretches.

Seems to have complete stats here - no box score - spread out in the text of the article:

Antonio Chol had 6 points on two made threes while rookie Jamichael Davis added 5 points and 2 steals.

Seems to have complete stats here - no box score - spread out in the text of the article:

Antonio Chol had 6 points on two made threes while rookie Jamichael Davis added 5 points and 2 steals.

That's what knights1212 was talking about. The total points don't add up to 85. Someone in West Africa on the Rutgers payroll is asleep at the switch.

Can’t take much from this but most people are sleeping on Hyatt, including me. However, it would be nice if he reaches his potential this year.
Watching the film of the last 40 seconds shows everything with Hyatt. He makes the huge 3 and gets obliterated off the dribble causing Gavin to help and then be very late on a close out.

I know this wasn’t a real game and players could have been tired from a long day but that play is what we have seen from him for 2 years.

Watching the film of the last 40 seconds shows everything with Hyatt. He makes the huge 3 and gets obliterated off the dribble causing Gavin to help and then be very late on a close out.

I know this wasn’t a real game and players could have been tired from a long day but that play is what we have seen from him for 2 years.

He did cause the steal that led to his 3

But yes he is consistently inconsistent

He will be a much better fit on a team that plays faster and looser.
Especially with faster more creative guards
But that could mean more "it is my turn to shoot" ill-advised shots. I generally like Hyatt's play... it is not as bad as that first sentence could imply.

I do something think of last-year players who might think of themselves as borderline NBA.. if they could only have the stats their last year that prove them worthy. I fear seeing poor selfish choices instead of team play. That doesn't apply to any specific individual and I hope it never seems "obvious" once the season starts.

WELCOME BACK OSKAR! 4-6 from 3.

Well that adds up to 97 points so something was amiss with the running score . Uptempo it will be as we expected with this new team and 23 assists to go along with the 60% shooting from 3 will be part of that offense. Coming down on the fast break and passing to first open player behind the arc and that guy letting it go. This will a different team than what we have been used to , lockdown defense, and time will tell if it is better. Will be more aesthetically pleasing .

It wouldn't shock me if Hyatt turns into our number two or three scorer this season. He has the size, strength, and shot making ability. He can be an important part of the strength of the team, the frontcourt. I'm not very confident in our backcourt situation as I don't see them on par with most B10 backcourts.

I knew we could count on you being the Grinch. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Merry Christmas GIF by Storyful

With faster guard play and a dead eye shooter like Gavin, the court will open up for hyatt. You have to contend with noah, simpson, davis and williams driving to the hoop as Gavin spots up. He can also post up and drive. Cliff and Wollf will be lurking down low. Hyatt is going to be open

Didnt even mention Mag

With faster guard play and a dead eye shooter like Gavin, the court will open up for hyatt. You have to contend with noah, simpson, davis and williams driving to the hoop as Gavin spots up. He can also post up and drive. Cliff and Wollf will be lurking down low. Hyatt is going to be open

Didnt even mention Mag
Problem with Hyatt is that he’s too streaky. He’s not a consistent knock-down, spot-up shooter (i.e. Cam) — who will benefit tremendously from a more drive and kick play style. To me, he’s a guy who when he’s feeling it, is knocking down shots whether he’s got a hand in his face or not

Problem with Hyatt is that he’s too streaky. He’s not a consistent knock-down, spot-up shooter (i.e. Cam) — who will benefit tremendously from a more drive and kick play style. To me, he’s a guy who when he’s feeling it, is knocking down shots whether he’s got a hand in his face or not
I recall games where Cam disappeared offensively.

Even with a 30 point game, people gotta hate on Hyatt. (9-15 from field, 7-11 from THREE). I don’t care who you’re playing. That’s a helluva game.

Give the man props when it’s due. I think he’ll be great for us this season. Mark it down.
Hyatt played a good game and shown he can be a help this season, that's what counts.

I look back to last year and we were a SLOW team on offense way too often It wasnt until Simpson started playing that we started to play faster.
I think an uptempo team aka passing and moving faster will do wonders for the team. Way too much dribbling last year which slowed down things

I look back to last year and we were a SLOW team on offense way too often It wasnt until Simpson started playing that we started to play faster.
I think an uptempo team aka passing and moving faster will do wonders for the team. Way too much dribbling last year which slowed down things
Out of everyone on the court at the end, JaMichael Davis might be the best om the ball defender.

Could Coach P have had the score set back to simulate being down at the end of a game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT