ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs St John’s / Game Thread

I know this game sucks but you can’t make a judgement one way or another about the whole season based off one game . Obviously this turned out to be a horrible matchup for us defensively and not many big ten teams will play like them Z. We will have better days this year and in the future

It’s like leaving in the QB who keeps throwing interceptions. How many threes does St. John’s have to hit before we decide to guard them and let them try to drive on our bigs? 20? 30? 50?

Guys, my God the overreaction is crazy.

Friggin third game of the year and most of our guys never played together!

This is going to be a learning tool. Bank on that.

How many of their 3’s have truly been contested? Not enough. Mullin is having a great time interacting with the fans.

5 for 22 ... so much for leading the nation in 3s ... thought the game was on RUs court

When you play a good shooting team, you must hit free throws and not turn over the ball.

Rutgers didn't go either well and the game got away from them.

They got schooled tonight
Eugene has had a rough game

No one can shoot either

Not ready for primetime yet

Young team, but the game was there to stay close in the first half of they hit their FTs and hit a few shots
Spot on. We needed to keep it close, blew too many opportunities. But wow SJU is shooting the lights out even when we play good D.

Kyk was right. This team could have really used Corey Sanders.

Imagine the drive and kick possibilities.

Kyk was right. This team could have really used Corey Sanders.

Imagine the drive and kick possibilities.
Don’t give me the credit for that. Everyone on this board who even knows a little bit about basketball knows how valuable Corey would have been to this team

Don’t give me the credit for that. Everyone on this board who even knows a little bit about basketball knows how valuable Corey would have been to this team
I didn’t know it was gonna be this bad.

I think as the year progresses, someone will emerge as the primary threat.

Right now, the lack of identity on offense is startling.

On the offensive end they just pass around the perimeter. They live and die by the 3. Tonight theyre living
I'd have to say this is pretty accurate. Having a party at the house(not for basketball) one of my wife's friends husband played D1 ball. Said they're really not that good, Rutgers just caught them on a hot night. Basically said shots are just falling but a team like that won't do much.

I'd have to say this is pretty accurate. Having a party at the house(not for basketball) one of my wife's friends husband played D1 ball. Said they're really not that good, Rutgers just caught them on a hot night. Basically said shots are just falling but a team like that won't do much.
Not all players make good analysts.

Like Villanova for example?

Agree...fans were going a bit over the top from wins against sisters of poor

Absolutely.

The truth is we didn’t look all that good in those games either. We just shot the ball well.

We have a lot of growing up to do.

Another last place finish in the B1G with this team. This is disappointing

Except against RU ... at least the Kool-Aid wore off.

They beat us because we don’t have a big man to make them pay for playing small

They’ll fall back to earth when the run up against a legit frontcourt.

Like Villanova for example?
I have no idea who is on Villanova and it's not really my opinion. Frankly, I would have said we just suck again.
It's a complete beat down. I guess Villanova has a lot of guards, why do you ask are you a fan of theirs?

Can't do anything when you are outscored 48-21 from 3. We now feel like FDU and Drexel did when all the 3s we're falling for us.

Disagree. These are not tough shots.

ADVERTISEMENT