ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs St John’s / Game Thread

With all the talk about height, they have more blocks than us and are almost even on the glass.

Really hope this is a wake up for this squad that Pike can use the rest of the year.

Why doesn’t doucore get playing time anymore? Especially in a game like this where we are outsized

St Johns shot better behind the arc than we did behind the line.

That’s just pfffffffttttt

I have no idea who is on Villanova and it's not really my opinion. Frankly, I would have said we just suck again.
It's a complete beat down. I guess Villanova has a lot of guards, why do you ask are you a fan of theirs?
They spread the floor and shoot threes without much size. Like St. John’s. That formula works when you have great players. They have great players.

This St Johns squad won’t be able to roll teams with a legit center.

We match up poorly because we didn’t make them pay for playing small.

Princeton did the same exact thing against Mike a rice.

Too many people drawing conclusions off one game . Sometimes the game gets away from you and they shot the lights out tonight . Burn the tape and move on . Sometimes it’s good to get punched in the face and we’ll see the team responds next game . C

One positive note ... team played hard and got the loss under 20 ... at one point looked like it might hit 30.

Blame the loss on playing a team whose shooting was on fire. Forcing contested shots on offense and poor FT shooting also didn't help. For whatever reason, our poor FT shooting has been a problem for years.

This was a very disappointing loss because this is the type of game against a quality opponent that Rutgers must win at home to have any chance for a winning season.The sad reality is that Rutgers will be the underdog in most B1G games and they are going to have to score more than 60 points a game to win at least five league games.This game was a reality check for the players,coaching staff and fans because FDU and Drexall aren't power conference competition.

Reactions: zebnatto
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT